Valued Contributor

Are Mom's invited to bachelorette parties?

I know that my husband when to the bachelor party when my son was married. Do Moms get invited to the daughter's last hoorah? Just wondering, I can party with the best of them and I would love to go??? How bout it Moms???

{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Super Contributor

Re: Are Mom's invited to bachelorette parties?

My DD had 3 bachelorette parties...one with college friends in CA, one with other friends in a resort in Mexico, and finally one with friends in Chicago. I was invited and went to the last one. I actually didn't want to go because I thought she might really not want me there. However, when I offered to sit out at least the last part, she was almost insulted. She and her friends are in their thirties, so there weren't really any inappropriate activities, but there was drinking. Because of my childhood, I am not comfortable being around a lot of drinking. I do have one or two, but that's it for me. My Son-in-law's big family are all big social drinkers....not that there is anything wrong with that...but it's just not for me. All this to say, yes, mothers are invited to these parties. His mom attended, too. I remember several bachelorette parties DD went to over the years, and she would mention the MOB was there.
Respected Contributor

Of course it depends on the type of party -- but my view is that the last hooray should be reserved for girlfriends.

Super Contributor

If the daughter wanted her mom to attend, she'd invite her. I don't think it's customary, but there's no reason why it wouldn't be OK - as long as the bride actually wants it. Moms can sometimes be guilty of "dad dancing", which is a mortal sin as far as some offspring are concerned.

Esteemed Contributor

I would not, but that's just me.

Even tho I still believe I'm "cool" I've shared a few of my more clean party days stories with DS. His reaction is nothing short of mortified. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

It's like "you're my MOM"! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

My mother didn't believe in fun........she was the ""saintly"" type........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

It seems that Dads are often best men in the south (never heard of this while living in the north and mid west) and that may be the reason they are invited to the bachelor party. I think these parties are best attended by their peers, not parents.

Respected Contributor

I, personally, never socialize with my adult children's friends. Often I am invited but I believe that my "children" have the right to behave or speak in whatever way is comfortable for them, with their friends, without "Mommy" being in the mix.
Trusted Contributor

Yes - I never really did super bad stuff that I would be embarrassed for my Mom to see. I was more embarrassed by the way the men in the bars acted when a bus with 25 women poured into the bars. I think this all depends on your Parents and the Kids know how their Parents would react.

Trusted Contributor

I was invited to my daughter's and it was a blast. That was 15 years ago, so at the time I was 46 yr. old. It was not a "wild and crazy" party.....that's not my daughter's style. But we all had a blast.