Trusted Contributor

Ankle Pants with Rolled Cuffs - What Do You Think?

This is the look I've been seeing in all the online sites like, Ann Taylor, JJill, Lands End etc. Is this the new style? Do you like it? I see it's being worn with flats or small heels.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Ankle Pants with Rolled Cuffs - What Do You Think?

Rolled cuffs is a casual, young look that has gone in and out of style since the 1950's (at least). It can look cute on the young and hip for casual wear, just for fun. I don't think many women past their 20's would care to sport the look......except maybe for a picnic or a fishing expedition.

Image result for girl going fishing Image result for 1950's rolled jeans

Honored Contributor

I think slim leg jeans look cute rolled at the ankle for a real casual spring /summer look.

Contributor

I love the look! It can really change up a boring outfit and give it some life! I am 52 years young and can't imagine living by the fashion rules. Life it too short to care what others think about anything I do, say or wear! Enjoy your pants rolled up, long hair and anything that makes your happy!

Trusted Contributor

Yes, it's the slim leg jeans rolled up to the ankle or a little above. It looks cute. I'm a young 62 (ha ha), wear a sz 4, think I can away with it? Of course it would just be for spring/summer time.
Super Contributor

I started doing that a few years ago (pre 2010) - by accident.

The pants (chinos) I wanted to wear were just a tiny bit too short for the shoes (med. wedge sandal) I wanted to wear, so I folded up the pants two turns and it looked perfect.

I've continued to do it every spring/summer ... and plan to continue.

Respected Contributor

On 3/10/2015 GoodStuff said:

Rolled cuffs is a casual, young look that has gone in and out of style since the 1950's (at least). It can look cute on the young and hip for casual wear, just for fun. I don't think many women past their 20's would care to sport the look......except maybe for a picnic or a fishing expedition.

Guess I'm the exception, then -- mid-50s here, fit, young-at-heart, and I love rolled jeans!!

Honored Contributor

Yes, I like it. I have never been a fan of bell bottoms or boot cut jeans or pants. I like a long tapered look, it just looks better on me. I could never understand how hosts and vendors could say wide pants make one look taller and thinner. They might on very tall women, but not on women under 5'5".

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

On 3/10/2015 Ford1224 said:

Yes, I like it. I have never been a fan of bell bottoms or boot cut jeans or pants. I like a long tapered look, it just looks better on me. I could never understand how hosts and vendors could say wide pants make one look taller and thinner. They might on very tall women, but not on women under 5'5".

I've always they assumed they said it to sell the pants to shorter wider women.

I really, really, really don't like the look of boot cut pants.

Super Contributor

On 3/10/2015 GoodStuff said:

I started wearing "the look" back when I was in my 60s ... I'm now in my 70s and still wearing it.

I just do my own thing ...