Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MARCH 8)

Good Morning, Ladies! I am sure most of you "lost" an hour last night, but Arizona does not have Daylight Savings Time, so we did not. However, we are back to being three hours behind QVC (and DD) time, which can make things difficult for me. I always feel like I am running late when we are that extra hour "behind." LOL I know that some of you, including Jean, are happy to have the extra hour of daylight.

Hope the weather is better for those of you who have been dealing with the cold/snow/ice, etc. It should be a lovely day here -- sunny and highs in the 70's.

Thanks for asking twinny -- my lip is much better, but still not 100 percent back to normal. Also, my mouth is feeling better today, but I ended up taking an ibuprofen last night since it was still hurting.

I think you are the one who has an "English War Bride" Mother and/or Mother-in-Law, and I found it interesting to learn in my "class" that as part of the rationing in England after the war, they rationed fabric. The speaker was telling us that her Mom took two blankets to the tailor and that he made winter coats for her and her sister. Her Mom only needed to pay for the linings. Also, so many women were getting married (particularly to U.S. soldiers) many villages had one or two wedding dresses. They would take the dress in or out depending on the bride, and they were well used. That certainly made me think of the huge number of clothes I have now. Difficult to imagine fabric rationing.

Waves to Jean (hope you are able to get to "town" soon), Kathleen, Arlene (enjoy your celebration today), twinny, Susan, Gayle, cerb, pinky ann, Marijane, LindaR, Rosa, Karen, and all our posters and readers.

Nothing exciting planned for me today -- church, gym, walk, and ironing.

Please stop by and let us know what is happening with you.

Hugs,

Linda

Valued Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MARCH 8)

Hi Linda!

Just wrote a long post, and poof! I had a bad sinus headache yesterday, into today, and it made it hard to look at the computer. It's mostly gone for now. I got lots of prep done for supper tonight yesterday, as we're having a family supper to celebrate my birthday tomorrow. I can't believe I'll be 60, and have been nervous, happy, sad all at the same time. It may be why I've had a lot more energy the past few days. I hope I continue to, just without some of the mood changes.

It was nice to have the time change, as Grayson let me sleep until 5:30, instead of the 4:00a.m. wake up call I've gotten for months now. Early mass was well attended today, and it was nice to get home after mass, as we had some snow squalls off and on today since I got home.

Our weather is supposed to improve this week, and I hope they're right about that. I can't wait to receive my Amazon order, and try out both the dvd's and protein bars I've ordered. It's such a blessing to have access to so much online. I don't order clothes often, as I like to try them on, but it's so easy to compare prices and such without all the travel and time on the road.

Have a good day everyone! I'll try to stop back later. pinky

Esteemed Contributor

LL, So glad that your lip is getting better. I love DST as I don't sleep well at night so it is a blessing for me when morning comes sooner. Yes my mom & MIL are both English war brides. My dad was a pilot in the USAF. They were married in October of 1946. Mom was an only child & wore a lovely wedding dress that her mom made out of a silk parachute. Her flowers were ones that my grandma picked from their garden & made into a lovely bouquet. The best man was shipped out the morning of their wedding so dad had to scramble to get a replacement. My in-laws were married August of 1944. They had a much simpler wedding as my MIL was the oldest of 6. She just wore a Sunday dress. Our upcoming 45th wedding anniversary is bittersweet as my in-laws were married 44 years 9 mo. when my dear FIL passed away from cancer. My parents celebrated 46 years & 2 mo. when my dad very suddenly checked out. So many good memories for us though.

pinky ann, Hopefully you will feel better for your birthday dinner. It is sometimes difficult for me also when I have so many emotions going on at the same time. Our weather started getting fabulous on Friday & it will be in the 40's-50's all week. This is much above normal as our normal highs for this time of year are upper 30's. The snow is already mostly gone.

We had a lot of sick people missing from church today. I am glad when they stay home. This will be a busy week for us. Tomorrow the "Limo" guy is calling to finalize our plans for Saturday. Tuesday I get my haircut--can't wait. Weds. DH has an appt. at the hearing center. Thursday we hope to get together with our friends to talk about our upcoming trip (they have been sick for 3 weeks). Friday afternoon we are bringing our 3 DGC down for an overnight stay. Saturday the fun begins. Right now I need lots of extra excitement in my life. I also need a nap each afternoon.

Hugs to all of you.

Valued Contributor

Twinny, What an amazing tale of two weddings! You'll be more excited each day with your trip coming up fast. I hope you'll have an amazing time!

Thanks for understanding what I wrote. I was glad I went to lie down when I did, as it felt like an anxiety attack or something wasn't too far off. Still a little bit edgy, but I'm ok. I'm all set with dinner. Everything is on very slow except for the chicken, which I'll do shortly, and then keep warm until DS gets here. I need to find myself an effective way to calm down that will work in a short period of time. That's moved up on my to do list for sure. Hugs, pinky

Esteemed Contributor

Good evening, everyone. I did go to the city today where I had my nails done and then a late lunch with my niece. No retail therapy today as by the time we finished with lunch, it was time to head home. Everyone seemed to be out today so there was a long wait to be seated. On my way to and from the city, I encountered a rock slide on the way and a mudslide on the way back. The power company and telephone company trucks were busy making repairs today; people are still without power in some areas. I did get my car washed in the city but, of course, it got dirty again but at least I know I made the effort.

I am tired so I just took my meds and will head for the bed. For some reason, this trip was unusually tiring.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Hello friends! Writing on my phone because the laptop wouldn't connect and I don't have patience for diagnosing the problem. I've had a good weekend. Got my hair cut and colored, it was funny to see that so many liked it straight and I never like the way they fix it at the salon. I usually don't let them but it was more expensive and I just didn't have the heart to tell her so I let her and oooohed and aaaahed appropriately. DH is really hurting. He did something to his hip and it had hurt for 2 weeks now and getting worse. I don't have much patience because the Dr is a very last resort... So now he is asking me to find him a dr. I have him a muscle relaxer and he's been sleeping while I did clothes, washed dog, took those awful dresses back to dress barn (ordered 6 more), picked up dog food and gassed up the car. I am writing DD today's edition then supper. Hugs to all.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, rock slides & mud slides. That sounds terrible. Hopefully you will feel better soon. It was so nice having an extra hour of sunshine this evening. pinky, a nap does wonders for me. How far away does your DS live? I hope that you have a great day tomorrow. RC, prayers for you DH's back. Too bad about the dresses. I hope that these work better for you. Sounds like you have had a busy day.