Respected Contributor
I have a sleeveless coral/red silky type rayon dress - need advice re what color cardigan to wear over this - black doesn't look good near my face - what other colors would work? I kind of fancy some kind of multicolor pink or fuchsia kind of clash but work together. Need something lightweight been checking out SG cardigans as they are not too heavy. Any help gratefully received.
Honored Contributor

Try ivory colors because white might be too contrasting.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

A253153

A262077

A239105

A232732

Honored Contributor

A252110

A238520

Super Contributor

You need to take your dress with you to a store as it is difficult to match colors on line.

As another poster said, ivory might work. Sometimes navy looks nice with coral.

Do you intend to always wear the cardigan with the dress or just for warmth?

Most of those cardigans pictured looked heavy and frumpy.

Honored Contributor

I agree with ivanatrump, sometimes the color coral/red is so variable among manufacturers that you need to bring the dress with you and see what is available for purchase.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

You could go with a cardi or light jacket in a soft neutral like taupe or cream, or you could choose a floral or a woven with various colors in it, including corals. Like others, I'd suggest you take the dress with you so you can try various colors and patterns with it and do a little shopping in your favorite mall stores.

I happen to have a beautiful multi-colored kimono I enjoy wearing for dressy occasions with solid dresses or pants. Really adds color, pattern, and flair to simple pieces. Do you like these kimonos from Etsy.com?

BUY ONE JACKET get second 30% off. kimono jacket,shawl jacket,velvet shawl jacket,cover up.florals,bolero,peacocks,beaded

Silk Jacket Quilted Jacket Pastel Novelty Print Jacket Spring Jacket Mandarin Collar Zip Up Zipper Kimono Jacket Medium Womens Clothing

denim kimono jacket / 70s denim jacket / embroidery / denim boho jacket / 70s clothing / hippie clothes

Respected Contributor
Thank you all for your help. Unfortunately I do not have any malls or stores near me to take the dress to but I did look at video of Isaac pink peony cardigan shown by lolakimono and Shawn is wearing a dress which looks very similar color to mine - in video she wears first golden cardigan then later changes to pink one as shown above - so I still have hope. The kimonos are just beautiful - now checking other videos and colors suggested above. I was hoping to wear this dress to a luncheon/fashion show which I put on every year in our town as a fundraiser for the homeless - I am running around a lot organizing and greeting people and sometimes a/c is cold hence the cardigan or cover-up. It is a lot of fun for a good cause. Thanks again.