Respected Contributor

Does anyone know where I can find a decent selection of petite length maxi skirts (not dresses).

I really like maxi skirts for the summer months, but at 5'4" the "traditional" length is just too long, I have to fold the waist over 4-5 times to keep them from dragging on the floor or tripping over it.

Honored Contributor

Belk-

These are all in petites:

Honored Contributor

I guess it is time to once again voice my opinion: No one looks good in a maxi anything. No matter what anyone tells you.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Frequent Contributor
With all due respect, I like maxi dresses & skirts for the coverage & comfort. I work in an elementary school and they make me feel feminine yet covered when using the stairs. No, I don't wear them on "date night" but they have a place in my wardrobe.
Honored Contributor

Bealls-

Respected Contributor

Don't just show me photos, tell me where to get them.

Honored Contributor
On 3/7/2015 traveler said:

Don't just show me photos, tell me where to get them.

If this is directed at me, the stores are already listed in the posts- Belk and Bealls. Smile

Don't just show me photos, tell me where to get them

WOW....Clearly the above posted photos say Belks and Bealls

A simple Thank You would have been nice.

Valued Contributor

The best place to find petite skirts other than QVC/HSN is the petite section in most stores, QVC is a blessing but at times we have to venture out to macys, khols, talbots petite depts. etc.

I would first measure the length of a petite skirt that fits you well, then let that number be your guide, so when you attempt to order skirts online you know...okay if the length is XX it is perfect but if the length is 32 it is too long. That will save you a lot of money and wasted time if you know the exact range that will work for you.

I have a list of all my perfect fits items, in categories, tunic, blouse, skirt, pants, and I write down all the measurement, for example -

Tunic - QVC Item #, Size I purchased - XL, Length 30.875, Chest 45.5, Sweep 50.5

So when I see other items on sale on QVC, I read the measurements and have a good guide to know what size to order, it might be a 1X in one item or an XL in another or even a L if the item is extra full.

For a skirt on my list I have - length, waist, low hip, sweep, all this information is listed on the qvc item.

I have learned to use these measurements as a guide and I know it will help you.

Respected Contributor

Sorry, I missed the Belks and Bealls. Guess I was overwhelmed by all the photos. No Belks or Bealls in state.