Occasional Contributor

over skinny pants, and spandex

Is it just me or is anyone else over the skinny pants ? Not everyone wants to look like their thighs are encased in sausage skins, I am a larger lady and do nt like that look. When is QVC going to start offering looser fitting pants and jeans. And manufacturers please stop selling clothes that have spandex in them that are not true to size, I don't want the things I buy to stretch to the size I take,when i buy woven with no spandex they fit like a dream, if I measure woven against clothes with spandex , the spandex is smaller in size. I want my clothes to fit comfortable y not body hugging tght

Esteemed Contributor

Re: over skinny pants, and spandex

I agree with you. I'm not a fan of skin-tight clothing. Some people can wear it well but not everyone. I prefer a looser fit. I find tight clothing, particularly with spandex, to be suffocating/claustrophobic. It feels like my skin can't breathe.

Funny you used the term "sausage skins". I used the same term recently when I was dress shopping. I felt like a stuffed sausage in most of them and I'm a small person.

Super Contributor

I do like skinny pants ... but I get a look I like by going up a size. Even gym clothes, I go up a size and the pants just skim my body w/o being binding.

I don't mind spandex at all. I think it helps garments keep their shape.

Honored Contributor

I think spandex has its place at the gym, but worn anywhere else, it's tacky.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~