Respected Contributor

Where does one get these long t shirts I'm seeing?

just came from mani pedi in university town. most of the young woman there were wearing t'shirts pulled down over there tops to cover their rear. came home, put tv on and renee is selling pants and everyone has some kind of top with t layered under it. wear do they come from? will be wearing leggings for first time in thirty five years and this seems to be part of it.

are skinny t's the only answer? I'm an 8 on top but still wonder about skinny t's.

thanks for helping this old lady enter a new time zone!

Valued Contributor

Re: Where does one get these long t shirts I'm seeing?

I'm unable to help but I love your last line.

Respected Contributor

thanks! skinny t's seem like magic. like when Alice ended up in Wonderland and things were very different sizes.

Contributor

If it helps, I am a size L to XL and the Skinny Ts work great for me. I would never wear them on their own because they aren't thick enough, in my opinion. But under sweaters, tunics and other shirts they are perfect. You really can pull them down as far as you want and they actually stay put.
Honored Contributor
Respected Contributor

how do I use the last code given me? thank you!

and thanks for the word on skinny t's. did you get the larger size or the OS?

Super Contributor

Cute post Lavendar! Many love the skinny tee look, but you don't have to specifically buy that brand or even tees that form fitting. I've seen many people with tees or tanks under tops that aren't as tight to the body which sometimes look more attractive. I think it depends on your figure really. For example, if you have hips and the skinny tee hugs them but doesn't squish them in because your hip bones keep a nice shape, then they look good. But if you don't have hips and really don't like a tightly-fitted garment because it accentuates your lack of hips, that's the time to wear a tank or tee under your top that isn't as tight. For current looks around the Q for how to wear leggings and look really cute, check out videos from the various LOGO, Graver, Women With Control, Isaac, etc. and then you will see how other designers layer without the use of the actual skinny tee. They basically all have layering tanks for under tops. I'm not saying skinny tees are bad or anything, I'm just saying there is a whole world out there of layering options other than feeling you must go the skinny tee route all the time. I love that look, have some skinny tees, have other tanks, basically lots of options so I'm not married to one look! Have fun with it all Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

just search skinnytees (one word). I did not buy one myself but have been tempted once my radiation treatments are completed and I am all well.

Respected Contributor

Thank goodness I have a thigh length designer sweater that I've been wearing because it's so cold here. I have to start wearing my compression leggings ASAP. Doctor's orders, and I want to be wearing them when I see him next Thursday. I ordered a stunning looking tunic from Linea but don't know if it will be here by Wed. But I want to see what works in my own wardrobe before I spend a bundle. I can wear them with skirts and high boots now and cute flats in the spring. OMG when it gets hot I don't know what I'll do. Worry then.

Thank you all. This medical problem is not fun; I'm trying to lighten the load with clothes. What else? I've had a lot of medical problems but never one I had to dress the part for!

I did try bringing my own hospital gown with me once. Didn't work. I had a friend sew it in bright red.

And once when I was seriously ill (and the same age as the women I saw today, or younger) I gave my terrified cousin my Bonwit Teller cc and told him to let the saleswoman help him. The only gay man who couldn't shop! I told him red lace; he brought me red cotton.

Super Contributor

LOL the only gay man who couldn't shop! Oh that was cute! Well good luck on all your medical issues and hope you get well soon! I absolutely give you much credit for taking the lighter approach with clothes! You really are living what these designers preach: fashion should be FUN! - Even in the face of adversity Smiley Happy