Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

I think we are rounding the corner here, we are supposed to start getting warmer temps this weekend. We woke up to minus ten this morning but are now it the high twenties (I know, heat wave). Not much going on here today, we did the grocery shopping and got the laundry done so not sure what I am doing this afternoon. I may go and see if there are any winter boots left at Famous Footwear, if not I will start to look next fall. I have a pair of hiking like boots to wear around in the winter, but they are not super warm.

Well off to do something, hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Friday

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. We also had below zero temps this morning but based upon what I have seen for next week, we will be after much, much better temperatures. Good luck on finding the winter boots.

I haven't done much today. I didn't sleep well last night, so I went to bed around 11 to read and went to sleep. I awakened in time to see the IM show.

I did cave and buy a pair of the TSV. I usually get a pair each year despite what I have still being in great condition.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Susan & Jean, March came in like a Lamb. It is starting to get warmer today & they say 40's & 50's all next week. It should melt all of the snow as we don't have much on the ground. It is sunny again so the house feels nice and warm. Just got groceries & had leftover chili in the crock pot for lunch. It is hot tub time & a much needed nap. Hugs to all of you.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Susan. Hope all of you in the cold zone will be having warmer temperatures soon. One year when I lived in Maryland, I was looking for boots for months but never found them.

Hope you enjoy the TSV sandals, Jean. I really need a backstrap to keep my feet in, or I would be tempted. What color did you purchase? Sorry you had trouble sleeping.

Glad March hasn't been too bad for you twinny. DD said they are having a terrible time with the snow and ice. She is taking DGS back to the chiropractor today.

I'm back from a marathon dental appointment, which set me back $800+. No cavities, etc., but I needed a deep cleaning, and this one was very deep. My mouth is still numb, but it is getting better.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, pinky ann, Marijane, LindaR, Rosa, Karen, and all of our posters and readers.

Need to eat lunch now since I have a "class" this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Ouch on the dental bill! I'm sorry DD is having a rough time with the snow. It hasn't been a pleasant time for many. I got the shoes in the natural snake. Call me conservative but I thought that would go with more things. I can't handle sandals with back straps.

Twinny--Your temps are so much better than ours. I'm glad that you were able to get out and get groceries. Enjoy the hot tub and nap.

I am freezing despite the room being warmer than usual. I have a hunch that I'm trying to come down with a cold or something as I have a headache, muscle pains, etc. I think I'll head back to the bed and the Kindle.

The power outages in the city have closed all the restaurants in the mall area but the mall is open.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Hi girls! I can't believe it's Friday already! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

It's a nice day out - bright and sunny and 40° when I just checked. I have to head out in a little while; my textbooks are being sold to Amazon and I have to stop at the library to print out the shipping label. You know, I had a nice printer, and replaced it only because I wanted a wireless one, and the new one is nothing but trouble. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} That should teach me a lesson to not be so quick to replace something that works well just because I want more bells and whistles.

I guess I'll take the dogs with me; not much else has to be done - maybe pick up a couple of things in Aldi, and of course I'll get some new books while I'm at the library.

Ouch, Linda - that's a big dentist bill! {#emotions_dlg.crying} I get a deep cleaning for $35, including a full head X-ray, because I go to the community college. The hygienists who are about to graduate do the work, are fully supervised, and a dentist checks out everything and tells you if there's something that you have to see your own dentist for.

Hope you're feeling better, Jean; this crazy weather sure doesn't help - we went from 77° one day to 24° the next; that's hard on a body. Get lots of rest and snuggle up with Midnight. How is he? You haven't mentioned him in a while. Any word on your niece?

Hope you find your boots, Susan.

Guess I'd better get moving - have a blessed day, everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Arlene--You are right about the crazy weather. At least, your school work is done so there are no papers to write until the next session. I'm sorry that your new printer doesn't work well. I don't have a wireless one. I have a small laser printer I bought on sale and has worked well for several years.

Thanks for asking about my niece. I just got an update yesterday. She will be going home in two weeks with hospice according to current plans. The infamous Midnight is doing great! He eats, naps and bugs momma at inappropriate times such as a 4am wake up call.

I was just getting comfy to read and rest when I got a telephone call. It was the medical center in Charleston. I have my appointment with the electrophysiologist on March 19 at 9am. Since the weather can still be iffy at that point and I will have to leave home at 6am, I might go down the night before.

Valued Contributor

Hello All,

Yep the dental bills, very unfun. I did find a new product named Crest Pro-health HD 2 step system that runs about 15 dollars. I had received a few samples via CVS.com with a recent order. You have to brush 2 minutes with Step one product and another 2 minutes with the step 2 product. This product is amazing, has the post cleaning effect as if you just had a professional cleaning at the dentist. Just thought I would mention that as it is new and dental came up. After I used the samples, I went out and bought this product and it takes a lot to impress me.

We were in the low 40's this am. I was getting cabin fever and decided to go for a longer walk. The afternoon was a little more pleasant at mid 50's AND we did have some sunshine. Living in the south and this being the first week for Spring breakers to arrive, I can honestly say this is a colder start than we have had in years.

I went to the Cosignment shop today to pick up my check. I also took in about 6 items. They only allow you to bring 6 items at a time. On the way out I noticed a nice pair of LLBean fleece lines jeans that fit great for the low price of 7 dollars so that was my big find today. I have a flannel lined pair of jeans via Cabelas brand. When I got those, I didn't think I would get much wear...boy was I wrong.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well and I hope each of you have a great weekend.

Gayle

Esteemed Contributor

Gayle0You made a great find with the LLBean jeans. It sounds as if you have good luck with consignment shops. The one in the city closed. The Crest ProHealth system is an example where trying a sample has paid off.

Off to get some coffee to drink. I think David Dangle is doing a great job with the Joan Rivers collection. In fact, I have a tendency to watch it more now.

Respected Contributor

Well, I'm back from my errands. I tried to make a copy of the label for Amazon using my printer as a copier and making a copy from the screen, and the guy at UPS said he couldn't scan it. He offered to let me use their computer to print another label, and fortunately I asked what a copy would cost - he said 10¢ - and $3 for the use of the computer. {#emotions_dlg.mad} Of course I went to the library which is just a few blocks away, and it didn't cost me a cent.

I went to Tractor Supply and took Angelica in with me, since she's not as free to run as the other two because I can't trust her to not run off and disappear yet. I had planned to treat them to pork femurs, but they were all out; I was astonished at how much they want for bones - even a single small bone from a spare rib was $1.99; some larger ones were $9.99! Again, thanks but no thanks! It would be cheaper to buy them a cut of meat! Remember when the butcher would give you bones for free? The pork femurs are $1.99, which is still too much but they're a good size; the cashier told me they were out of a lot of products since much of their stock comes from North Dakota and the deliveries were held up because of weather.

Same thing in Aldi - they were completely out of produce except for potatoes, jalapenos, pineapples, and just a couple of melons; there were also almost no bread products and the dairy section was pretty bare. There was a sign at the entrance saying that because of a state of emergency in Nashville (big ice storm) they weren't getting deliveries. I did get everything I needed/wanted (apart from a cantaloupe), as well as some nice dish towels that were 5/$5.99, and a small grill pan and wok that are just the right size for one person and were only $4.99.

I decided to pick up some Chinese for dinner as I hadn't had any since before Christmas. The place I go to is run by a nice little family; the two older girls (one in college and one in middle school) help out a lot, and they were eating dinner when I got there. I saw they had a lot of large bones piled on the table and asked if they were going to toss them out (they were), so my girls did get some nice bones after all...for free. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} They're very happy right now.

I think I'll have a relaxing evening, then get started on cleaning tomorrow. Sunday is "Freedom Day" - the anniversary of when my abusive husband died, so I'm going out for lunch and drinks with friends.

Have a blessed evening, everyone!