Honored Contributor

from Talbots- would you wear these looks?

Cotton Lace. Lace is for daytime now. Here, in a gorgeous nectarine with a pretty floral theme. Wear it with a soft dot top. Shop Now.

Geo Prints. This tiny shadow box pattern is fresh and flirty in a soft full skirt. Balance the look with a fine-knit sweater. Shop Now.

Polka Dots. The iconic pencil skirt is super comfortable in a double knit-and super cute in polka dots. Wear it with a softly textured top.

Florals on Black. Spring's most dramatic bouquets have a black ground, like this pencil skirt. The perfect complement? A crisp white shirt. Shop Now.

Honored Contributor

This is IM's new floral skirt-A262843

Honored Contributor

And these from GS- A262238

Honored Contributor

At this point in my life, "yes" to all except the florals. In a heartbeat. Only a few years ago I would have said yes to all of them.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for sharing; those are lovely. My problem is that I have yet to find a designer or store that offers multiple length. They are showing them all right at mid knee length. On me it would be above my knee...not an attractive length. At least a shorter woman has the option of shortening if too long. A few companies are show midi length that is a few inches longer.

Esteemed Contributor

After a few years of thigh exposure and the now classic maxi, there was no place for designers and brand manufacturers to go with length, which they would promote as the latest great thing we all must have, other than at the knee/or right below the knee.

In other words it's a trend. For those who don't like it there just won't be as many options for you in the skirt/dress area this season. This is always the case when a certain length is the hot look. I'm sure women who didn't want their thighs exposed, had to leave a lot of dresses and skirts on the racks for the past couple of years.

Honored Contributor

Here are some options for $100 or less (Nordies).

Vince Camuto-

Halogen-

Bobeau-

Chelsea28-

June & Hudson-

Trouve-

Topshop-

Wayf-

Honored Contributor
On 3/6/2015 CHEX said:

Thanks for sharing; those are lovely. My problem is that I have yet to find a designer or store that offers multiple length. They are showing them all right at mid knee length. On me it would be above my knee...not an attractive length. At least a shorter woman has the option of shortening if too long. A few companies are show midi length that is a few inches longer.

The length of skirts/dresses is a deal-breaker, I realize. I buy almost exclusively from the Linea line on QVC. However, many a skirt and dress I have sorrowfully passed up because for me, a shorty, they would end at or above the knee. That is not a flattering look on me. The length of the skirts pictured above is right up my alley, so to speak. That is why I said yes to the skirts.

If only the manufacturers could routinely produce longer lengths on skirts and dresses, more people would be able to buy. I think this is true, but I could be wrong. And yes, there will be that repugnant $20 alteration fee for me, the shorty, but at least I would have a choice of whether or not I would buy the garment.

Honored Contributor

Here is the new LCNY skirt, in three colors: A262189

Liz Claiborne New York Striped Midi Skirt

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, just got the gingham one, I happen to love skirts, I do buy from talbot, when they go on sale, mostly.