Frequent Contributor

Stylers backstage please listen!

Dear Stylers,

When you are selling blouses, tops and dresses, please do not send the models out with jackets and sweaters over them... When you do this ( although I know you are styling) viewers cannot see how the item falls and weather it will be a good purchase for our body types.... You do this time after time, especially with the larger sized models, and it has stopped me from purchasing many items..very frustrating..

Thanks

Trusted Contributor

Re: Stylers backstage please listen!

i agree, and please lose the sunglasses!

Valued Contributor

My pet peeve is when the models come out in black. It shows as one big blob of black. You cannot see any of the details. I wish this would stop. Don't they ever look on their film how this shows?

Valued Contributor

Very well said ,OP. Instead of attacking the models, you addressed the problem without making it personal. A lot of posters could learn from this very tactful thread!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes..........get rid of those sunglasses - it's not 1960 anymore.

Trusted Contributor

ITA! Also, all the long hair is distracting. Why does everybody need long hair??
Honored Contributor

Last night l saw on a thread that each host has their own stylist. It showed a picture of four stylists-- one was Amy's. So now l know who's responsible for Amy's jeans-with-the-gaping-hole-in-one-knee last Monday night on the debut of Inspired Style.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

And, please lose the handbags too unless that's the one item you're actually selling.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Super Contributor

They cover the items up with jackets, etc. because they DON'T fall correctly on the body and they don't want us to see it........they have a reason for everything they do, don't doubt it for a minute !!!!{#emotions_dlg.blush}

Respected Contributor

I think there's just too much piling on of clothes - a la Lori Goldstein. Granted her line calls for that if it's your kind of style, but not everything looks good piled on top of each other.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown