Super Contributor

Sizing like 2-4-6-8-10, etc.

I've notices a few more lines are going in for sizing like 2-4-6, etc. instead of the S-M-L, etc. I was trying to order a top which I thought was a somewhat stretchy fabric and I can't remember the last time I ordered a size by number instead of a letter and I had no idea where I actually fell. And those numbers are so many and so close together that by the time I went on line, figured out what is what (but still not sure!) the darned thing sold out. And no one host talks about that NEW fact of sizing.

Then I watch Isaac selling his capri (?) pants that are suppose to be REAL stretchy...well he's selling those in the 2-4-6-8 sizing. If they are so stretchy why do you need to size them with 2-4-6-8? Why not just explain the sizing in S-M-L, etc? I don't think I can guess and buy clothing that is sized this way. Too complicated if buying on TV...hard enough buying those sizes in the store. I think designers need to make it easier to buy their sizes not more complicated. Even when going from one designer label to another the sizes vary at QVC. That's when I get upset about having to return and exchange and all that shipping going back and forth. I AM buying less and now that prices have gone up quite a bit I really am cautious about ordering clothes especially just because of the sizing.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sizing like 2-4-6-8-10, etc.

I sooooo agree with you!!

Super Contributor

As long as there are garment measurements ... I'm fine with however they mark the sizes.

Honored Contributor

If numbered sizes are becoming a trend here at QVC, that makes me happy. I'm not small, I'm a 16 on top and an 18 on bottom and numbered sizes work much better for me. I get a better fit. I'm pretty good, after all these years with QVC, at deciding if I should buy a L or an XL in something but numbered sizes removes the guess work.

Esteemed Contributor

I am much more comfortable with SML than exact numbers which are never exact.

Respected Contributor

I don't like the numbered sizes, there is no latitude in fit at all, you have to be spot on. If I order an XL I know it could be perfect, or a tad large, and then I can take it in. I have very few returns with the letter sizing, but the few times I've tried numbers, nothing worked. Now I don't order if it is a numbered size, just too risky for me.

As far as top/bottom sizes being different, they are for me too, and the xl or L on top works fine depending on the style and fit, and always the 1x for skirts or pants, which I very rarely order online, need to try those on.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't like the numeric sizing either. I think that the letter sizing gives me more leeway.
Trusted Contributor

QVC, stop making numerical sizes!!! I wear xl and I'm tall with long arms. The xl size has longer sleeves than 1X and other plus sizes, so it fits me. The numerical size that corresponds to my chest and waist measurements has sleeves that are too short for me! QVC loses a sale every time a long-sleeve jacket, coat or top I like is numerically sized.
Esteemed Contributor

I don't buy if its numerical sizing....

Honored Contributor

I'm buying the numerical sizing for the first time in a top from the Q. I have had better fit from numerical size jeans from the Q. I wear the same size top and bottom so we'll see.