Contributor

Disappointed with Fashion Day

I was very happy when I realized I would be home from school because of the snow on QVC's Fashion Day. I am planning a trip to Italy in the Fall and I was hoping to find a few pieces to take with me. I have liked a few items on the Susan Graver Show, in particular the cold shoulder sweater and the polka dot blouse. However, the prices are much too high for me - over fifty dollars (with shipping) per item. That is ridiculous in my opinion. I do not think I will be buying much, if anything, today. It is probably time to repurpose what I already own.
Honored Contributor

Re: Disappointed with Fashion Day

Yes, shop your closet. We're going to Italy in the fall also and instead of paying $37 for a simple t-shirt, I'll add that amount to my travel budget. The Euro is way down so I think it's a great time to go overseas. Bon voyage!!!

Honored Contributor

How could you not be? The same repetitive theme days endlessly featuring the same handful of five or so brands, also endlessly...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Just a note - I actually have the polka dot blouse and it is fantastic! The fabric and shape are great so if you change your mind, I'd encourage you to take a chance. Hope you have a great trip!
Contributor

Not only are they too expensive but I have always wondered why SG and others talk about how soft - like her French knit capris are - she just showed them. And as she said the inside next to our skin is this crinkly stuff BUT on the outside it is so soft and smooth. What does the outside touch other than the air. I have gotten a lot of stuff from here that they talked about how soft they are only to get them home and find what is actually touching my skin is not soft at all and very scratchy but the outside that isn't touching my skin actually is very soft. If I could turn them wrong side out it would be as advertised and soft to my skin.

Valued Contributor

I know...it's a shame. I used to buy clothing from QVC, but I find nice things from Macy's and Kohls that are so much better values. I bought 6 new spring tops (including one really cute zip up hoodie) for 125$.....all on sale plus using coupons that I had. A couple of the tops from Macy's were over 50$ regular price. Added bonus....I know they fit because I tried them on. However, that being said, what I did purchase from QVC was good quality.....but it has been probably 6 years ago. Except for the 2 D&C tops with the little studs along the bottom hem when they were the TSV' s a couple of months ago. I had to cut the hem part with the studs off because the tops were too long..{#emotions_dlg.sad} The material was nice and they seem well made.

Valued Contributor

I also agree, I am so disappointed in what I have seen! So far I know I wii buy a denim & co t shirt in navy maybe 2. Possibly a pair of Capri pants denim &Eco..I find clearance super expensive also.
Respected Contributor

Liquid knit, camouflage and polyester being most everything equates to a no-sale for myself. And those white pants on beautiful Jackie, the model, was a crime of fashion. Two sizes too small.
Honored Contributor

Seriously, as annoyed as I am with the Q regarding their new shipping policy, what did you expect from FAshion Day? This IS the Q version, just like it has always been. If you're not used to it yet, why would you continue to shop this event?
Esteemed Contributor

I believe that should be ""fashion"" day.

QVC never disappoints when it comes to these all day clothing events.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat