Valued Contributor

Just got an email from Glamour about spring fashions.......

It said this blazer should be on everyone's spring fashion list. Although I do like these pieces, this collection doesn't exactly scream "spring" to me.

/></a></p>

Super Contributor

Re: Just got an email from Glamour about spring fashions.......

looks like fall/winter to me.

Esteemed Contributor

It screams fall & winter to me. I am ready for some pretty spring colors.
Honored Contributor

It's a classic double breasted blazer. I've seen articles in other magazines, it's the fashion industry trying with all it's might to influence us into shopping again....because women aren't shopping the way women have historically. Shorter, single breasted blazers have been popular for years and years now and since we all have them, we don't buy new blazers. The hope is that if they get us interested in a longer, double breasted style, we'll rush out and buy one. Same thing with wide leg pants. I keep reading that wide leg pants are "back". I'll believe that when I start seeing them walking up and down the street....lol

Trusted Contributor

Thank heavens for longer jackets! I pulled out an old navy wool blazer just this AM and put it on and loved the line of it and decided that no way was I sending it to consignment/donation. It will inspire me to lose a few lbs to ensure it fits a bit better.

So glad I didn't ditch these when the shorter ones were being sold. These jackets are being shown with the new, baggier 'boyfriend' jeans - more room in the butt and thighs - yippee!

I hated short jackets and skinny jeans, so glad sanity has returned!

Respected Contributor

Love this blazer. Love wide leg pants, but the dress was exactly like I wore in 1968....., when I was young and thin and trendy.

Respected Contributor

Spring?? Not in my book.
Honored Contributor

On 3/4/2015 twinny2 said: It screams fall & winter to me. I am ready for some pretty spring colors.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Totally, plus the double breasted look in this fabric would be too hot!

Honored Contributor

I would think that the dress shown would be a fashion "no"... Unless you are really thin, the wide stripes would make one look even larger.

Honored Contributor

On 3/4/2015 author said:

Love this blazer. Love wide leg pants, but the dress was exactly like I wore in 1968....., when I was young and thin and trendy.

I thought the very same! My dress was very, very similar. Maybe in the 70's-80's? I'm in the zone where I don't recall exactly which year/time frame way back when. Anyway, it was a smooth, silky type of knit, as I recall.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).