Frequent Contributor
S. will talk about all the colors she has.......but on another show last week she said she only wears sandals, boots and tennies. Um. I have tried twice to wear his mocs, but sent them back because of no support. So sad because they are beautiful! Wish I could have all the colors. If he would just upgrade the inside and add a quarter inch to the lift, I would gladly pay more!
Super Contributor

I take what the hosts say with a grain of sales pitch salt.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/2/2015 wildcherry said:

I take what the hosts say with a grain of sales pitch salt.

me too.
Trusted Contributor

Yep, I finally figured that out - the sales pitch. When I first started watching QVC I took everything they said to heart. Guess I was pretty gullible. I finally learned.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, they use sales pitches, but it really annoys me when they are really close to lying in many cases. I would think that a trained TV spokesperson could learn to sell, but not by lying.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

I think we all know it's a sales pitch, but they are also telling a lie to make a sale.

Respected Contributor
I don't know that it's a pitch. I have a closet full of shoes, including at least 10 new pairs bought on sale after Christmas that I've never worn yet. Surely with Shawn's budget she has tons of shoes although she might not wear them often. If she does have foot problems that could be one reason why. I still buy shoes I probably will hardly wear due to back problems because I love shoes (I'm working on it, lol ). That said, I'm sure they get carried away with their stories at times :-)
Respected Contributor

Jill Bauer uses the same sales tactic. It is somewhat insulting, because some hosts seem to think no one listened carefully to their first version of events. Either that or they think we are dumb and don't remember anything they said on earlier programs.