New Contributor

I enjoy QVC for the most part. I find myself checking for what I may have missed everyday, but as a young woman (late 30's) it seems that just about all of there clothes AND shoes are targeted for those that are 60+. I loved my grandma, but I don't want to dress like her. This is where HSN out paces QVC. Anyone else feels like QVC's target market isn't them?

Honored Contributor

I agree HSN is different. I do not think that means they outpace QVC.

Moat of my clothing dollar goes to brick and mortar, a little goes to QVC and none goes to HSN - There's no place that I go that what I see there would feel appropriate. Wouldn't have when I was 30 and certainly wouldn't now. They're just never me.

Respected Contributor

I'm well past the Grandma stage and well into the Great Grandma stage. I'm sorry to say I don't have a clue where your ideas are coming from. QVC has more or less casual clothing - I don't see many of their "styles" that fit my lifestyle, other than an occasional Bob Mackie and once in a while a Linea or a D&C piece. The Q doesn't cater to older women - they cater to women who are primarily wearing or looking for casual clothing.

I don't have to dress to impress anymore. I refuse to wear four inch heels, since I've seen far too many women with major foot issues caused by pointed toes and too high heels. so the idea that QVC doesn't have shoes for fashionistas doesn't bother me. You can shop at NM or whatever, online if you live where there is limited shopping, and find whatever you're looking for. Same for trendy clothing. You're probably not going to find it at QVC. My point is, shop at QVC if you want what they offer, and if it's not fancy enough for you, go elsewhere. High fashion clothing is too precise both in style and fit for a shopping channel. Too many returns.

QVC fills a need for many people, but not for everyone. Sorry it's not your cup of tea.

Honored Contributor

I AM in my 60's and won't buy from the Q because their fashions are all so old fashioned! You don't have to be young to feel that way! I never buy my clothes without trying them on first in a brick & mortar store. There's nothing like feeling the fabric and eyeballing the size to try on in the dressing room.

"Pure Michigan"
Regular Contributor
QVC nor HSN have any clothes that could come close to being as stylish as my grandmother's clothing.
Honored Contributor

I'm sure many women feel the same way....but....they can't answer you.....because....they aren't here....lol They are off shopping where the cool girls shop....lol

Respected Contributor
On 3/2/2015 acbetter said:

I enjoy QVC for the most part. I find myself checking for what I may have missed everyday, but as a young woman (late 30's) it seems that just about all of there clothes AND shoes are targeted for those that are 60+. I loved my grandma, but I don't want to dress like her. This is where HSN out paces QVC. Anyone else feels like QVC's target market isn't them?

I am a grandmother and I am over 60. I've seldom seen any clothing or shoes that I'd consider purchasing from QVC.

Super Contributor

Not a grandmother but well over 60! About 1/3 of my clothes come from QVC.

Until my early 50s - I was making my own clothes because NOBODY sold what I wanted to wear.

I'm retired now and I buy all my casual things these days ... concentrating on designing my own accessories. NOBODY is making the accessories I want to wear.

Honored Contributor

I am just 60 and have been buying from qvc for a long time, I work at home and I am able to pick and choose what I CHOOSE TO WEAR, and there are lots of choices

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

I just turned 60 and am a grandmother. QVC has no clothing or shoes that I'm even remotely interested in wearing.