Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, 3/2)

Good morning, everyone! It is a beautiful sunny day right now, but the early morning commute. etc. hours found travelers greeted by black ice. In the nearby city, a jeep slid and crashed into a school bus.

The long range weather report says there is a possibility of us having the biggest snow of the season near the end of the week depending upon how two systems track and collide or not. Last year, we had a snow day on March 17 so it may be March but that is no guarantee of good weather.

I'm watching Laura Geller right now as I enjoy her presentations and some of her products. Right now, however, I don't need anything as her products really last and I use them in combo with the Cover Girl with Olay foundation.

I would love to get out and make a run to the city today, but I was told the cardiology office would be calling me today or tomorrow to discuss things with me. I really want to get the next step completed which is knowing the date of the original consultation with the electrophysiologist and then whatever follows. The odd thing is that you can't tell there is anything wrong, and I feel great right now and do most of the time.

I was called to sub today but told them I had to stay put for the same reasons I can't make a run to the city. I'm beginning to turn into a hermit and there definitely isn't a need for new clothes for out and about when stuck in the house. I do have to make a run to the drugstore today to pick up the new meds but that can wait until late afternoon.

I guess the new format starts tonight. I haven't watched PM Style consistently for a long time as I prefer AM Style. Time will tell how the new format works. I heard that Jayne and Pat will be hosting a Friday evening fashion version so I'll definitely be checking that out as I personally like them hosting together but the products are on what I really give my attention.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, 3/2)

Hello Jean and all posters:

I know it is kind of hard waiting for the phone to ring Jean but hopefully you will get the communication completed, I hope all is well for you.

I haven't really watched QVC in probably a week which is kind of unusual for me. It seems that whenever I turn it on it is jewelry, gourmet food, or electronics and those shows usually don't hold my attention for too long.

We had a nice weekend. It has been cold and rainy here, really rainy but we managed to get one walk in and went out to eat for lunch on Saturday.

I haven't done much shopping lately but did buy a organizational tool to hold my lipsticks. It didn't fit in my drawer the way I anticipated so my husband is using for small items on his workbench.

Today I plan to do a few things around the house. I may do an exercise dvd as walking today wont work.

I hope everyone has a good day!

Trusted Contributor

Good morning Ladies, hope your call comes in soon Jean and youncan get apts. set up and have things done quickly. beautiful sunny day here too we had about six inches of snow yesterday ,schools are on a 2 hr delay...more snow coming in tomorrow afternoon. I think we are pushing about 50 inches for the season and not much has melted because of it being so cold.Thankful we are not the Boston area though. I did read about the new line up too Jean..but I'm thinking it will be the same old stuff.

Not much doing here today our driveway was plowed around 6am and the town road looks ok but I think I will stay in today I'm doing some laundry now. Yesterday when I was out the supermarket had buy one get one free of the thin sliced chicken breast so tonight I will make chicken Parma and Wednesday with the other package make fajitas; at least I have two meals covered for the week!

Have a nice day everyone.......Marijane

Valued Contributor

Hi Jean, Thank you for starting the thread. I was sorry to read yesterday that surgery sounds like the final decision. I don't know if you posted what they were planning to do, or I just missed it somehow. You're very fortunate to have great medical care choices to pick from. I hope you can get outof the house in a day or two when the phone calls and plans are more settled. We got 2-3 inches of snow, but thankfully no ice.

Gayle, Glad your lipstick holder works for another purpose. It's not too bad to walk here today, but there's that chance of ice underneath the snow that always makes me hesitate.

I did go to mass yesterday, and got a few groceries afterwards. The roads were slick, so it's good there was nowhere we had to go. I called and chatted with my sister and brother, and my BFF called in between, so lots of time on the phone. I wanted to get everyone's input on Easter plans, and was glad to have us all on the same page. We have all holidays here now since DH can't get out too much anymore. It's going to be a very easy dinner with my sister making a few things to give me a hand. It's a relief that we have that taken care of early, and I don't have to fret about it. Happy Monday! pinky

Esteemed Contributor

Gayle--Those little organizational tools sometimes sound better than reality. I do like those little revolving basket type organizers which I posted about earlier. As far as watching QVC, sometimes it is because of a favorite host or a line; sometimes, it is just background noise and hearing people talk. Right now, I am streaming a series from Netflix.

Marijane--The chicken parm sounds great! You are giving me an idea but first, I would have to buy the chicken. You have had a bad Winter and certain deserve a break soon. I enjoy your pics on FB. I think you are right about the new lineup. It will be the same stuff just organized differently. I might handle 15 minutes of Lori but not a full hour, not because of her but I personally don't like her line.

Pinky--It really isn't surgery. An electrophysiologist deals with the electrical patterns of the heart and the problems any malfunction can do. Right now, I don't know what specific thing they are considering. It could be an electric shock to the heart in an attempt to restore it back to normal rhythm, or it could be a process in which they send a gadget through the vein into the heart to seek out the specific areas that are sending out the bad signals. This is called "mapping the heart." At that point, they can choose, if needed, to send a current to the cells that are misfiring to kill them. This will cause scar tissue that keeps the misfiring signals from crossing over into healthy heart tissue, causing it to react wrong. Both of these procedures will require anesthesia and is usually an outpatient deal.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today. We are having a decent day, the sun keeps peeking out and melting snow, we also had ice this morning, but it is melting. I hope you get all your medical issues straightened out and soon. Be careful if you go out, there is still some ice on the parking lots.

Gayle - Don't you just hate when you have a great idea for organizing and it just does not work out. Glad you DH found a use for the item. I haven't watched much of the Q lately, just not in the mood to shop. I have way too many pieces of jewelry and have been clean it out lately.

Mari Jane - Dinner sounds good this week, can I come over? Glad you got your walk in this weekend, Sunday here was a wash out - It snowed all day. I am so over winter, I need spring.

Pinky - My mom made plans for Easter already also, our family is weird about that, at Halloween we are planning Thanksgiving and at Thanksgiving we are planning Christmas dinner.

Not much going on today, I went out and bought new wind chimes for this spring, I told you I am over winter. I do think I will get some decluttering done today, my junk room again, was looking okay and I managed to junk it up again. It is a vicious cycle.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Respected Contributor

good morning ladies! Jean, thank you for starting the thread. I haven't watched qvc in years, although I occasionally look around online. The constant sales pitching gets on my nerves so I've never used it for background noise. That "multicolored pumps" thread got me looking around online. Never underestimate the power of suggestion - I was thinking about chicken parm as well but I've never made it before myself. At our grocery I just buy the chicken breasts that are already fried, add sauce and voila!

Marijane I'm glad you don't have Boston's snow either, it sounds like a drag. Kyanne did not appreciate 2nd day snow and I breifly considered taking a second day picture because it got so ugly so quickly. I'm thinking chili for tonight but I need a little thing of tomato sauce.

Business as usual this morning. I did wake up at 5 but was too lazy to get moving. I'm hoping to start walking again. My dog is gaining a little weight and I sure hate to cut back on her food but had to do it. She seems happy but I feel a little bit bad that she doesn't get to run and play anymore. There is a dog park in the area and I suppose I need to get out and find it. Also need to run to the pet store (it was closed because of bad weather the last 2 times I've tried) so maybe she would enjoy a trip over there.

Trusted Contributor

Jean in reading the descriptions of what may be done Inremember one of my sisters had the ""electric shock"" done ten plus years ago......she has been doing fine ever since. I do think she had to stay overnight but as I said it was over 10 yrs ago and since then I imagine they have made greater progress on time spent in hospitals.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Jean. Sorry you have to wait for the call, but I can certainly understand. I haven't called DD yet, but I saw on-line that the public schools are closed there -- probably due to ice. Hopefully, they won't get major storms later in the week, or even more ice. Yuck.

Very interesting about those heart procedures they are considering for you. I don't know much about heart problems since that hasn't been an issue with my family. Certainly hope they can get a handle on your problems. I am praying for you.

Hi Gayle, enjoy your exercise DVD. We are expecting rain here today, and I talked DH into a morning walk since it wasn't raining yet. We only made it a block or two before he wanted to turn back -- the wind was really blowing. Anyway, I "forced" him to take our "short walk" (30 minutes or so.) Not all that pleasant to walk in this kind of weather. Sorry your organizer didn't work for you, but glad your DH could use it.

Sounds like a good idea to stay indoors today, Marijane. I know you will be happy when all this wintry weather ends. That is also true for DD, my SIL, and many others. That chicken breast deal sounds great.

Glad you have set your Easter plans, pinky ann. Holiday celebrations can be stressful, and it is nice when you can make things go more smoothly/easier. Ice under snow is a no go for me.

Sorry about your weather Kathleen. Hope you and your dog can get out for a walk soon.

Hi Susan -- it is amazing how quickly junk rooms/drawers get junked up again, isn't it? I really need to get some more de-cluttering done.

Waves to Arlene, twinny, LindaR, Rosa, cerb, Karen, and all of our posters and readers.

The party yesterday was a lot of fun. We met a couple who are fairly new to our neighborhood, and they were very entertaining. He was from England, and they met when his wife (from Ohio) was over there as an exchange teacher. Whirlwind romance and wedding, and they have been together for 40 years or so. There were several other nice people there, including a lady from the pool who had suffered from cancer. She seems to be doing much better and looks great. There was a wide variety of food and wine, and the hostess played the piano and many of us sang along.

My plans for the day are to go to pick up DH's prescriptions, to the bank to take out some money, and probably to the 99 cent store to check out the produce. I'll be going to Curves in the afternoon.

I rarely watch QVC on TV because it annoys DH. But, I do check things out on-line often.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Valued Contributor

Jean, Thanks for taking the time to explain the choices that are being considered. I'm happy for you that they're out patient, and will hopefully not require too much recuperation.

Susan, I like planning ahead, as every holiday is celebrated here. I've been trying to track down a Krakus ham all morning. Two more places to try left, and if I strike out again, I'll buy anther brand in town. Good luck with your decluttering.

Kathleen, Good luck with trimming down your pup. I found if I bought a "diet" type cat food for our oldest in the past, she'd just eat more of it... sigh.......

Marijane, I like your chicken ideas. I can buy chicken sliced like that if I shop in a larger area than around here, but usually I stick with the Tyson brand that I get at Sam's. It's frozen, but easy to take out what you need, then reseal.

I'll be taking a rest as soon as I have some lunch. See you later. pinky