Trusted Contributor

What Has Happened To QVC And Their Programming Lately?

I don't know about any of you but QVC's programming is getting worse and so monotonous. It looks like every time I turn it on, it's Dooney & BOURKE, I mean really they must be making tons of money on these bags because they are on constantly and they certainly aren't cheap bags. I guess they took over the never ending Bruce Makowsky programming. Then there's Philosophy, IT cosmetics, Logo, leggings, leggings and more leggings, oh and now it's the skirted leggings, Susan Graver, who I Used to be able to watch but lately she really needs to calm down, she's just do hyped up all the time she actually makes me nervous. And why do they need to have whole entire days dedicated to only one product? It seems like silver has been on for daysI. It really has become so monotonous , nothing new, the same old boring items and shows. I check in to see what's on but I usually wind up changing the channel. Thanks for letting me vent but it's really a shame what has happened to this shopping channel. I remember the good old days when Quality and Value really meant something to them but unfortunately not any longer.
Contributor

Re: What Has Happened To QVC And Their Programming Lately?

I think it is probably time to try a new shopping channel. This is not to be negative. I actually like to look at items on the website and then see what I can find in the stores. I have to try things on. I like Isaac and Liz Claiborne but the prices are too expensive for me. JC Penney has a very nice Liz Claiborne line and with sales and coupons it is very affordable. Change up your shopping options.
Regular Contributor

I have been watching and shopping at QVC for years. It is sad to see how the programming has changed. From what I can see, these are now QVC's core brands and the ones that air adnauseum:

Vitamix

Dyson

Dell, Apple & HP

KitchenAid

SleepNumber

WEN

Philosophy

Susan Graver & Isaac M

Keurig

IT, Josie M. & BE

If you are not one of these brands, good luck getting some air time and a TSV. It seems pretty clear by the repetitive shows that the QVC cares more about getting new customers than retaining the current ones. This too is also very sad and foolish as it is less costly to keep existing customers than to get new ones. Vitamix, Dyson, SleepNumber, KitchenAid, the computer brands and to some extent Keurig are infrequent purchases. If you buy one of these you should have it for years. Only the beauty and clothing items are frequent purchases and what the existing customers would purchase regularly. Most regular customers are likely to have already purchased a vitamix, dyson, etc by now due to the nonstop airings.

Instead of looking for new and unique, less known vendors like they used to do, now they only want brands with existing well known brand recognition. I can see how this can make for easier sales but I do miss all the unique items you could only find at the Q .

Esteemed Contributor

as much as I hate the repetitive programming...therefore I rarely watch....those core brands must sell...and make them lots of money...

the few of us that do not buy these items...and have turned to other sources to purchase...there must be way more that they are able to keep watching and buying...

so until their sales reports start to go down...the boring shows will continue....sadly...

Regular Contributor

I think the repetitive programming is because they cannot do jewelry like they used to, so they have to emphasize other things where the profit margins are high. Nobody can buy gold like they used to and QVC cut their teeth on jewelry shows. Even when they do jewelry any more it's a large majority of it advanced orders so they don't have to maintain inventories of pricey items. I don't watch nearly as much as I did, but there are a few things that I do try to catch like Monday/Friday fashions, but even those are getting repetitive.

Esteemed Contributor

Never watch and never buy anymore.Every Q check I make is the same thing no matter what time I make it. All desire to shop is gone,I cannot believe it myself...........lol

All I order are my already ordered a/d programs now

I was a huge buyer in my day................lol QVC itself has cured me of my addiction{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

I don't buy jewelry from Q because I would rather go to jtv.com

and see Misty and Nicki sell their jewery trays which I really enjoy.

Respected Contributor

On 3/2/2015 jmsmall said:

I don't buy jewelry from Q because I would rather go to jtv.com

and see Misty and Nicki sell their jewery trays which I really enjoy.

And the quality is about the same--for less. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

When Q first started, they were predominately jewelry shows. Tons of jewelry shows.

If it feels like dejavu, it's because whatever makes Q money they will sell - and you will see their vendors frequently, like it or not.

It's all about money.

Super Contributor

I agree LUV. Been a faithful customer since '89 and have lost interest. I spent 30 min. looking for a certain necklace, and about that long searching for a S.G. coat purchased years ago from the Q. With such a large inventory in my 3 closets, I now have a reason to stop this insanity.