Honored Contributor

What jeans to buy when you don't have a bum

I find that I just can't fill out the rear on any pants these days and the extra fabric back there makes me look droopy.anyone else with this problem and a solution ...I need to hear from ya
Honored Contributor

Re: What jeans to buy when you don't have a bum

IDK about brands, but you should definitely look for larger pockets on the bum.

Trusted Contributor

Not your daughter's jeans. Alina style.Same problem here. Good luck.
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know how many colors/sizes are left, but have you tried the Denim & Co How Smooth jeans? I think they only have straight leg, no boot cut. They are pull-on, but not the elastic waist that is so common. I love them! I have slim hips and small tush, but carry weight in the middle. These hold in my middle, but they actually make my tush look better than most other brands. A239619 is the item number for the regular length, they also have some petite and talls. The regular is very limited in the black and the white, but they have coral, chambray, dark indigo, and vibrant blue. I took a size 10 in the original boot cut ones, but in these I had to go up to a 12. My hip measurement is 40"-40-1/2" - I could have used a 10 except I had to go up because of my larger waist.

Esteemed Contributor

Diane Gilman jeans. I have more of an apple shape. I can wear other brands if I can find a mid rise skinny cut, although I usually go up one size in those. I wear my normal size in the Gilman's or sometimes even go down a size, depending on the cut.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Super Contributor

True Religion has jeans with nice back pockets with flaps so they give you more of a bum. I have some of their Cora mid-rise jeans.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Respected Contributor

On 3/1/2015 Madisson said:

True Religion has jeans with nice back pockets with flaps so they give you more of a bum. I have some of their Cora mid-rise jeans.

Yes, I agree. True Religion made jeans for all heights but now it seems that they are only made for very tall women. I saw a woman at Whole Foods who was about 5'3 and very slender wearing a pair with flaps on the pockets. The wash and the fabric were exceptional and very high end and she looked fabulous. True Religion jeans are anywhere between $188 - $338 and the ones on sale anywhere from $99 - $200. I'm 5'5 so would need a 30" inseam in straight leg and slim leg style but a 32" for bootcut. I mostly wear straight leg and slim and so far have never been able to find that exceptional pair in my size. That woman I saw at Whole Foods was wearing a shirt tucked in so I saw the True Religion tag as well as the flaps on the pockets.....cute, cute, cute! Wish I could find the same wash and style in my size.

eta: hers was a light wash.

Respected Contributor

Have you tried the panties that have the bum built in? Like a padded bra I assume.

Trusted Contributor

You might want to try Lauren Conrad jeans at Kohl's.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Respected Contributor

On 3/1/2015 lolakimono said:

IDK about brands, but you should definitely look for larger pockets on the bum.

I read somewhere also to wear any kind of jeans with pockets/flap on the bum. Gives the illusion of being larger; makes sense.