Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, 3/1)

Good Morning Ladies! Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday morning. As usual, my plans are church, gym, and maybe a walk. Also, I have some ironing to do. We have been invited to go to a "wine and cheese" party this afternoon, and I think the hostess may play the piano so we can have a singalong. They have out-of-town guests, and one may be the writer whose books I read last summer. I may need to review my impressions of the books since I imagine she will be interested.

It is sunny and nice this morning, but we may have rain and wind later. I think they are predicting rain for tomorrow, and cooler temperatures for a few days. By next weekend, it should be nice again (highs in the 70's and sunny). In any case, I think our weather is better than much of the country. Hope those of you in the ice/snow/cold zone are staying safe.

I am pretty impressed with your ability to fix your frozen pipes, Kathleen. Good for you. Hope you are feeling okay today, Jean. It was good that you didn't try to do too much work yesterday. I think you need some R&R from your health issues, not that is easy.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Susan, pinky ann, Marijane, LindaR, Rosa, Karen, and all of our posters and readers.

Please check in if you have time, and have a good day.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, 3/1)

Good afternoon...Thanks for starting LindaL. Sounds like you have a fun afternoon with your wine and cheese party. What were the books your friend friends wrote? I was impressed too about Kathleens ability about her pipes....I have to admit after the first sentence she lost me! We are not handy people here by any means. < I ran out to the store earlier.....the snow has just started,6thstorn in past 6weekends, but we are only supposed to get about 5 inches......makes a lot still on the ground though. j had heard on TV this Feb. has been the coldest since 1800's. I had made chicken soup yesterday ...I have been making it a lot this past few months. Susan had posted she was making it some time ago and I thought that sounds good so I started my weekly soup making.

Not much going on will probably read some this afternoon. Have a nice day everyone...Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

LL, Your wine & cheese party this afternoon along with the sing-a-long sounds like fun.

Marijane, WOW! Just 5" of snow this time around. I talked to our DS last evening & he said that they had gone a week without snow but expecting to get some today.

We got a dusting of snow overnight. This morning the trees were so beautiful with that frosty look to them. It is now sunny & we are going to enjoy the hot tub. We might get 2"-4" of snow on Tuesday, but at least they took the freezing rain out of the forecast. Lunch was bar b cue in the crock pot leftover from the other night.

We did church this morning but didn't stay for the potluck as their is quite a bit of sickness going around & I need to stay healthy. Mom gets her eye injection tomorrow morning so I am praying for better results this time around.

Hugs to all of you.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

I'm up, had breakfast, and think I'm going to go back to bed for a little while. I was up until about 6 a.m. working on a paper, and still have to write 2-3 more pages; I'd have been done hours earlier, but Word has a mind of its own and suddenly started putting dark lines between paragraphs which I most definitely did NOT want. Between trying to figure out how to make it stop doing that (the school's tech support closes at midnight) and the Turabian formatting which is a PITA, it took me three times as long as just straight writing would have. {#emotions_dlg.mad} Thankfully it's a simple paper to write; it's just an exegesis of a parable.

The dogs had me up early to go out; Autumn likes to take herself on a jaunt every morning, and I can't go back to sleep until I hear her on the porch, barking to be let back in. Add to that a gloomy, overcast day, and well...I'll be glad when it's over!

Rain is forecast for the next few days and snow showers later in the week, but we'll see...they rarely get it right.

I totally forgot that today is my ultra-liberal, nutty cousin's birthday until I got a notice on FB. I usually make her a gluten-free treat and send her a few gifts, but I was debating whether or not I would bother this year. I didn't get any acknowledgment of the Christmas gifts I sent her until I asked her if they arrived (by the tracking I knew they had several days earlier); all I got in response was "Yes, thank you - I think they came the other day." Then I didn't get so much as a "happy birthday" on FB on my own birthday (I wasn't expecting anything from her as I know she doesn't have much money). Frankly, I was surprised that I had forgotten all about it; maybe my subconscious gave me the answer to my conundrum. I do love giving gifts to people I care about and am always on the lookout for things I think they'll like, and don't expect them to reciprocate, but some gratitude and a comment on what they thought of everything would be nice - that's half the fun on my end.

A wine and cheese party sounds like a nice way to spend the afternoon, LindaL; hope you enjoy it.

Jean, hope you're doing OK today.

Gosh Marijane, I don't envy you all those snowstorms! Thankfully the snow here is melted; now that the ice is finally gone I can get the things out of the trunk, put away my own groceries, and get the packages ready to mail to the troops so they have them for Easter but first...a nap!

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Good afternoon, everyone! It has been an unusual Sunday here.

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. The wine and cheese this afternoon sounds like a fun outing. I really think you made a great choice for your new home when you moved. Your weather sounds great.

Marijane--I assume there is no truth to the rumor that you have put out a contract on the groundhog. February is behind us, and we also had some records to fall but you were really deluged with the nasty stuff.

Twinny--I do hope your snow isn't as bad as forecast and that the freezing rain definitely isn't part of it. The BBQ via the crockpot sounds like a great winter option to me. I do hope your mother's eye treatment goes well.

Arlene--You have no need to feel guilty about forgetting the birthday. A simple acknowledgement is all that is needed. You feel that your past efforts have gone unrecognized, and we all know the minimal is a simple "thank you," which can easily be given.

We have freezing rain today. I was preparing to make a run to the city to get groceries, etc. at WalMart which I had planned to do on Friday but didn't when dealing with the last minute changes I had to rush to make in medical plans to cancel the Monday procedure. I got it done just in time. I never made it to the city as I got a phone call from a friend that was 3-1/2 hours long. By that time, the rain was definitely more ice and it was after 12:00 Noon. I just decided to stay home.

In the meantime, I am researching hospitals for the "exotic" outpatient procedure that might need to be done. I have the choice of 3 near me but right now, I am leaning toward Ohio State as it is one of the top 50 cardiac hospitals in the nation. It is 3 hours away from me but I am used to going to Columbus, Ohio for a variety of things.

The drugstore just called to notify me that my prescriptions were ready. One of them will be the new heart med to replace the one that had quit working as it should.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Twinny...praying that your mom has some improvement after her injection tomorrow......Marijane ........Jean thoughts and prayers to you too about your medical decision.
Esteemed Contributor

FHG, I am sorry that you had such problems doing your paper. In regards to the "nutty" cousin, I would just send her a card with well wishes & leave it at that. It sounds like your area has been getting hit with all kinds of nasty weather.

Jean, good luck in finding the right hospital for your "exotic" medical procedure. Ohio sounds like the "place to be". Hopefully your new drugs will work fine for you without any complications. I hope that you can soon safely get to the city for groceries & maybe some fun stuff. You certainly deserve a little fun right now. The last ice storm that I can really remember was March 4, 1977.

pinky ann, getting back to my DD's Dooney & Bourke bag. When that gal told her that she loved her donkey's & turkey's bag, my DD went back to the neighbor that she had originally bought it from & they both had a good laugh. I don't know what she actually did with that handbag as she only paid $10 for it at the garage sale, but her DH bought a really nice D & B bag for their next anniversary which was only a couple of months later.

The hot tub was wonderful & now I am ready for nap time. The sunshine feels great in the house right now.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--Both hospitals have a great reputation. The fact that one is listed as one of the top 50 does not mean success. There have been many successes at the one more convenient to me, and sometimes convenience means a lot. The hot tub is a great way to relax.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, you are so right about convenience when it comes to a hospital stay. I am so glad that my local hospital is so good. I choose to go to the "big" clinic twice a year as that Dr. specializes in my disorder, but it is a blessing that my infusions can be done locally. Blessings to you.
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/1/2015 twinny2 said: Jean, you are so right about convenience when it comes to a hospital visit. I am so glad that my local hospital is so good. I choose to go to the "big" clinic twice a year as that Dr. specializes in my disorder, but it is a blessing that my infusions can be done locally. Blessings to you.