Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, 2/28)

Good morning, shopping friends. Today, we say good-bye to February as we prepare to welcome in March. One of the biggest snows we had last year was on March 17. That week would have been Spring break but the Board took it away to make up snow days, and what happened? It snowed!!

I don't know about the rest of you but I am looking forward to Daylight Savings Time and eventual arrival of good temperatres. I like Daylight Savings Time because most of us here have to travel to the cities over an hour to two hours away to shop or do business so the extra daylight on the end of the day is welcomed.

I have a box of donations in the trunk of the car. I have another big box out now in which I am tossing things as I spot them with no tearful regrets. Someone else can benefit. I just need to remind myself that excess is not good and to keep thinning out the surplus. How many black tops or red tops do I need especially now that they are a little big in some cases, or they just don't fit quite as well as they once did?

Today marks the second month of not venturing into Wal-Mart. The nasty weather made it easier, but the cabinets are getting bare and the freezer part of the fridge is almost empty. I had planned to venture into WalMart yesterday to replenish some items but forgot to do so while dealing with medical issues.

/></p> <p>Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.</p>

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, 2/28)

Good Morning! Thanks for getting us started, Jean. I wanted to let you know again that I and many others are praying for you. Health issues are very difficult for anyone, and sometimes it is difficult to see the bright side when you get less than positive news.

I thought of you when I heard about daylight savings time returning soon. It isn't the best news for me, since we go back to being three hours behind the East Coast where DD and most of my friends live. Oh well, you can't please everyone.

Good for you with finding still more things to donate. I feel good when I find something that I can donate and not regret. I know that it is ironic that I purchased a new top yesterday, but I have found at least one top to donate. And, I hope to find one more to join it.

Hope you do manage to get some more food soon. But, I can certainly understand why it didn't happen yesterday between the health news and the weather.

I never was a Star Trek fan, but Leonard Nimoy certainly was a loss to many. It sounds like he was a very nice and good man.

Nothing exciting planned for today. I will probably go to the grocery store to pick up a few February specials. We will also take a walk, and I'll do my regular laundry and financial stuff. It is windy here, and we are expecting cooler and even rainy weather soon. But, I know it is so much nicer here than many places.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, pinky ann, Gayle, Susan, Marijane, LindaR, Rosa, Karen, cerb, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I have been praying for you all week. Tests are never fun no matter what kind they are & yours were not pleasant ones I am sure. I can't wait to put the clocks ahead next week either. I am getting stir crazy right now, so DH & I will be soon leaving for a little shopping/looking/lunch about 20 miles away. It is cold today, but the sunshine is so welcome. They say cloudy warmer & a little snow tomorrow. We have really had a good February compared to many places around the country. I just hope & pray that March will not upset our anniversary plans. Like they say if March comes in like a lion, it will go out like a lamb. I have also seen it come in like a lion & go out like a lion.

Other than washing the floors today, nothing exciting going on in the house. DH did his usual vacuuming job & cleaned the bathrooms. DH just told me that he needs to pick up a light bulb for our chandelier in the dining room. The only place he can find that particular size is at Menard's & we don't have one in our town. Then on to the hot tub place to get a chemical. This sure sounds like an exciting shopping day for me. I want lunch at LJS, so that will probably be my highlight for the day.

After the little shopping spree I hope to get into the hot tub & maybe sneak in a nap.

Hugs to all of you.

Respected Contributor

Good morning friends! Jean I have been praying for your health too, and I hope that the tests all come out favorably and that you will get the best news possible.

Linda, we are looking forward to daylight savings time as well, and I am looking forward to spring here in the rv with Beloved. We really enjoyed our outside time in the afternoons last year during the times that it wasn't too hot.

Last night I washed up all the clothes pretty late at the Laundromat, and I'm glad I did. It started sleeting so now there is a nice coat of ice over the snow. I ran my Roomba and it looks so much better! This morning entertaining myself with tv, writing to DD, and fighting the laptop. I really miss my desktop. I know I will get used to the laptop eventually but I think I will probably be grumbling about it for a good while. I actually hate it, and I have 2 of them here to choose from. This one has a "wandering cursor". sometimes it does what I want, sometimes it just goes it's own way and the only thing you can do is put it up for a while.

I did have a couple books to read. Now I am thinking about that rug that I didn't get yet, and perhaps if the roads get better later today I will venture out and buy it.

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon Ladies, like everyone here Jean I am also keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I am also looking forward to DST.

Twinny have a nice afternoon shopping and hot tubbing. sunny but cold day here too. Good luck with your Moms eye apt. Monday, I hope it helps her.

Kathleen, are you tied of the crummy weather already? Ice is much worse than snow to get around in.

Not much else going on here, we are supposed to get another storm coming in tomorrow, if so that makes the 6th storm in the past 6 weekends. I went out to feed the birds,my feeders are out back, the snow almost comes up to my knees so we still have plenty on the ground,we need some warm sunny weather for a few days!

Pinky your shopping trip of a few days ago sounded like you got yourself a nice haul. I have never owned a pink pocketbook...it sounded nice. What color did you get your driving mohicans in, I don't remember if you mentioned.

There's some college basketball on this afternoon I will be watching and making some chicken soup....the soup seems to be a weekly occurrence with me.....can you tell I like it!

Have a nice afternoon everyone....Marijane

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon ladies:

Jean---prayers for you. Dealing with health issues is difficult.

Kathleen: Thought about you in the ice and snow. Last night it was icy in the city and lots of wrecks. I was tucked in at home. I needed to do something at church but another lady offered to take this duty and I was glad as I didn't know if the roads would be bad.

I dislike adjusting my internal time clock but I enjoy the extra daylight in the evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Do you use a mouse with your laptop, Kathleen? I really enjoy my laptop, but I can't stand it if I don't have my mouse. I even have a keyboard for my iPad for the same reason. Old habits are hard to break.

Respected Contributor

I agree---don't like not having a mouse!. I can't deal with the roller ball!. I remember when we first were introduced to using a mouse---what an adjustment!!!!

Valued Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Genny, I got the driving moccasins in black, as that's the only color they had available. I had one of my best shopping trips in years the other day. It was so nice to find both what I needed and wanted. I've never had a pink bag before either. I'm usually a neutral bag or black bag girl, but seeing this bag made me want to get out of that rut. I figured if not now, when?

Jean, Praying for good results from your tests. I've been happy to see it light outside earlier, as the crew wake me so early every day, but I'm happy just to have more light everyday. Period.

Kathleen, What type of rug are you considering? I don't remember if you had mentioned it. I hope your ice is gone, and you can get out to shop and enjoy your days off.

LindaL, Hope you find all the specials you're shopping for today, and have a good weekend.

I did get to town this morning, and now I'm just relaxing for the rest of the day. I did buy a bunch of twigs to use to decorate with, much like Pier One would carry. There was also a nice tin, round and tall , that they fit in nicely, so I bought that too. For under 9.00 total, they'll both be very versatile pieces, and just the kind of thing I love to play around with inside or out. If I find some pretty Easter eggs, the first thing I'll do to make a small Easter tree. They'll need to out of kitty reach though, or they'll never last. It's time for a break for me, so I'll try to stop back later. pinky

Respected Contributor

Marijane, I don't mind the bad weather (yet!) but DH loves the heat, and he really looks forward to more daylight. He made the comment the other day that we were going to have fun this summer and I believe him. I have made plans for a trip to the beach and am looking forward to that, since I have not been in so very long.

Linda did you read about my no water fiasco? It was interesting. I was not happy but I did what I had to do to get the water running again. ha ha DH didn't think I could do it so I showed him. Driving was fine, and it is likely fine out there now but I am still in my jammies. Reading a new book I bought.

Linda(L) I do not have a mouse. DD had one, perhaps I should bring it from home and it would increase my laptop pleasure!~ I keep forgetting that I have an Ipad too now! Last time I used it at home it was slow - I think it's the wifi here. Today have not had a problem with that.

Ann, I found a 5 x 7 shaggy rug at Target that I wanted for $100. Originally thought I would need it for the insulation. The RV is pretty warm and we always have the furnace if we need. I've had second thoughts because with a dog it will likely get pretty dirty, and DH is not the cleanliest of people. lol I have shopped online instead of going, so pretty happy holed up here at the rv. Now I'm thinking about another pair of cowboy boots. lol