New Contributor

$50 for Denim & Co. Twin set?????

I understand prices increase but wow $51.50 for the eyelet shirt? Is it really worth that? Just seems high. There other items seem high in price lately too. Am I wrong here??
Trusted Contributor

Re: $50 for Denim & Co. Twin set?????

I don't think you are wrong at all. I haven't worn this brand for years, but I think it became over-priced -years ago. Better prices and just as good quality, can be found elsewhere - with real sale prices ! None of the styles are exactly "unique."

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Trusted Contributor

way too much money

Honored Contributor

This is why I now buy my summer "fun" clothes at Target (or J Jill at their fantastic on line outlet sales).

Last year, before my late March FLA vacation, I got capri pants (with a side zip) at J Jill for $14 EACH. Much better quality than anything at QVC too.

Trusted Contributor

Well, people wanted lower shipping, so they're making up the difference by raising prices. Be careful what you wish for!
Contributor

They have to re-coup their loss for the new low shipping charges.

Normally in retail when a price is lowered on something, the price on something else is raised.

Honored Contributor

This set is not new either. I bought it a few years ago here! Same set....different price.
Honored Contributor

It's two pieces, it comes with a tank. It's 100% cotton. Go into Chicos or WHBM or Lord and Taylor. Try to find a tank and a coordinating shirt for $50.....double dare you...lol.
Honored Contributor

On 2/28/2015 terrier3 said:

This is why I now buy my summer "fun" clothes at Target (or J Jill at their fantastic on line outlet sales).

Last year, before my late March FLA vacation, I got capri pants (with a side zip) at J Jill for $14 EACH. Much better quality than anything at QVC too.

That's not by any means their regular price. That was the end of season clearance price.
Honored Contributor

YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH, OP. I was just going to post about this. Prices just keep going up. This little set is not worth the price, let alone the additional SH, and taxes. People will be buying less, if these prices keep rising.