Respected Contributor

? About the Skinny jeans that will be in a.m. Style show tomorrow.

I noticed the price is almost $80. Does anyone have these jeans? I have paid $80 for jeans before, but they were Guess jeans. I'm not saying that they can't compare to designer name jeans, but I never thought I would see a pair of jeans on QVC so expensive.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: ? About the Skinny jeans that will be in a.m. Style show tomorrow.

Is it this pair of jeans you are talking about?

A258709

SkinnyJeans 2 Regular Slim Boot Cut Jeans

http://www.qvc.com/SkinnyJeans-2-Regular-Slim-Boot-Cut-Jeans.product.A258709.html

Respected Contributor

I bought the Surf Wash when these were offered for the first time and I'm pretty sure the price was about $10 less. Why they haven't included a new color this time, is beyond me. I did not like the Surf Wash....just found it unattractive plus I ordered my usual qvc size and one size larger and they both had a lousy fit...tight. I prefer slim legs but do have another brand called "skinny" and they fit me a lot better (Calvin Klein). I know they are calling these slim but the style seemed "skinny." Also, I didn't order the darker wash because the video and pictures show that contrast stitching which I think is very unattractive especially around the fly.

eta: I just looked up my order history and they were $59.94 in September 2014.

Honored Contributor

For those that have these can you tell me what the rise is? It says slightly below natural waist but if they are like the other jeans sold here they will be high waisted on me as I need a shorter rise to be comfortable. I have some jeans that sit slightly below the natural waist and they are great but since the jeans sold here are always high waisted I hesitate to order them even thought they look like something I would like.

Honored Contributor

Why are they called Skinny, when they aren't skinny at all? They're cheap third world boot cut. jean like jeans that QVC produces. I buy true department store jeans. Lately I've like the high rise ones. Sit at the waist. 10" and up.

Respected Contributor

On 2/28/2015 TY said:

Is it this pair of jeans you are talking about?

A258709

SkinnyJeans 2 Regular Slim Boot Cut Jeans

http://www.qvc.com/SkinnyJeans-2-Regular-Slim-Boot-Cut-Jeans.product.A258709.html

Yes, those are the ones. I'm just wondering if they are worth it. I shouldn't even be thinking about these tho, because with the hassle of returns it would be nice to try them on first.
Respected Contributor

On 2/28/2015 Pook said:

For those that have these can you tell me what the rise is? It says slightly below natural waist but if they are like the other jeans sold here they will be high waisted on me as I need a shorter rise to be comfortable. I have some jeans that sit slightly below the natural waist and they are great but since the jeans sold here are always high waisted I hesitate to order them even thought they look like something I would like.

I prefer a shorter rise too. While I don't remember what it was on these, I think it probably was qvc's standard "right below the waist." Calvin Klein and Levi's have low rise jeans; sales can be found by searching on Amazon. Also, both have a sale section on their own website. I find their size chart very accurate.....have to say though that Calvin Klein fits me better than Levi's where I sometimes get waist gap.

Esteemed Contributor

I like skinny jeans. I can wear them. I like the rise to be lower than the belly button nearer to the hip. Very attractive.

Yeah for skinny jeans!!!!

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

On 2/28/2015 Love Roses said:

I like skinny jeans. I can wear them. I like the rise to be lower than the belly button nearer to the hip. Very attractive.

I think we're in the minority especially for QVC viewers. You really have to slender (especially the hip area) to pull off wearing skinny jeans. I love skinny too. I also love cigarette cut too. That cut was made for me.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/28/2015 songbird said:
On 2/28/2015 Love Roses said:

I think we're in the minority especially for QVC viewers. You really have to slender (especially the hip area) to pull off wearing skinny jeans. I love skinny too. I also love cigarette cut too. That cut was made for me.

I think you're right about us being the minority viewers who can wear skinny jeans. What I've read through the years are the ladies remarking on their ample backsides, wide hips, pear shapes, etc. However, if the Q sells a skinny jean now and then, I can't complain. We girls can always go to a retail store and find something that fits and works. I also like the cigarette too and I've worn it with heels. Very attractive.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust