Trusted Contributor

Disappointed with Sherri's wig

I was so anxious to get Sherri's wig. Well, it came today and sorry to say it is going back. First the color isn't what I thought it would be, but in the end, it doesn't matter because it is way too tight. To have it on for more than 5 minutes would surely give me a headache. Too bad. How do others like their wigs. Maybe I am the only one with a problem.

Honored Contributor

Re: Disappointed with Sherri's wig

Just wondering - does one size supposedly fit all or do you get to select the size?

Trusted Contributor

It's is elasticized and is supposed to fit all...not.

Super Contributor

Years ago (1970s), I wore wigs frequently. I found then that you had to have them fitted and styled for the best look.

I can't imagine ordering one online or from a catalog.

Valued Contributor

I did not buy the wig but many wigs have the adjustor tabs in the back, for my head I have to remove the tabs. Did this wig have the tabs? IF so that could be the cause of is feeling so tight.

Honored Contributor

My experience was absolutely heartwarming. I go to school with a great bunch of early 20's kids. They all RAVED about mine. I can't wait to buy a second style. The only problem I have is that it takes SO LONG for stock in the different colors to be replenished! I bet the Q loses a lot of potential sales because of this.
Honored Contributor

I have a very small head, so I haven't had any trouble with wigs (years ago). O/P, maybe drop by a local wig shop and try on several other wigs, just to see the difference. Also, have you called CS or Sherri's company to find out if your wig was made smaller by mistake? Maybe they have more info regarding wig sizes, etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Your head circumference differently has alot to do with wig sizing. I have a small head (big mouth{#emotions_dlg.laugh}) and can wear most wigs fine as there is an elastic to adjust at the back of the wig. I think the suggestion to go to a wig shop is good--maybe take the wig with you. I wore 3 wigs during my unfortunate foray into the world of chemo a few years ago and loved them. Also if you have hair and putting on a wig, that takes up space too. I have my hair back now and haven't tried on my fave wig so not sure how it will fit now. I did have head caps to put on first before the wig went on too. Didn't see Sherri's show so not familiar with her stuff.

Super Contributor

I have a lot of long hair and just wanted a short bob style to try for a change. My hair did not fit or else I have a big head or both. I had to return it. It kept popping off my head. I also didn't like the lace front. I know it needs to be custom cut but I don't have a hairdresser. I also wanted to wear my bangs but that didn't seem possible with the lace front. On the plus side the color was a perfect match for me.

Frequent Contributor

I was wondering if these wigs were thin. On some of the models, it seemed to part in many places and I could see through the strands of hair.