Regular Contributor

Why isn't the Size Chart shown with each item of clothing ON AIR?

I've complained before. When I watch a clothing presentation ON AIR I want to see a Size Chart ON AIR next to the item shown. In a five to fifteen minute presentation of a clothing item is it that hard to show the Size Chart? A reference by a host to a couple of hip and length measurements does not do it. Telling us over and over that the item fits 'true to size' is NOT a Size Chart. I don't care if it is the generic QVC sizing or the vendor's own sizing, I want to see a Size Chart.

How can this constantly be overlooked? Perhaps because it is deliberate, perhaps because returns are a very lucrative part of QVC's business? With the new returns policy there is only more money to be made.

And no, I do not want to look up the size on my computer. If I did then I might as well shop from my computer and forget the telecast.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why isn't the Size Chart shown with each item of clothing ON AIR?

Used to be. And they even spent time on it. Now nothing and it is expected that WE FIND IT and then interpret it. I know from experience sizing isn't standard.

What they seem to be doing now is raise prices.... refuse to pay for shipping in any direction and pretend to be giving us a deal for 3 dollars.

I wonder how long it will take for the bottom line to change and they realize that the customer becomes so cautious that they buy elsewhere.

Respected Contributor

Sizing used to be consistent, but it hasn't been in many years. So if sizing details aren't given, and a person orders the wrong size and has to return it--QVC makes more money!

That's it in a nutshell.

Ordering elsewhere, when possible, is the only reasonable solution.

Esteemed Contributor

I read on one of the threads that Jayne Brown pushed to no longer state the bust. waist and hip measurements, and was very proud of herself when the Q stopped making the host state the measurements, then stopped even listing them on-air. IMO the host should state all garment measurements, as well as, type of fit (loose, semi-,fitted): it's their job!!! I'm really tired of all the jibber-jabbering most hosts do! just give me the details and answer questions from callers; the host is there to assist the vendor and help the customer: if I want to shop, I want to shop; if I want to be entertained, I'll put something really entertaining on! I also think you hit the nail on the head: QVC makes money on returns: 1) shipping monies; and, 2) reselling the item 'as is". Quite the deal for them! The only way to beat them at their own game is to stop buying - once their bottom line is affected, things will change and change swiftly{#emotions_dlg.devil2}...

(P.S. I find the garment measurements confusing - too many non-required measurements on those charts - and they're inaccurate half the time!)

Valued Contributor

If they can spend 5 to 10 minutes on a item, and sometime more. They can give all the info about that item including sizes ,measurements, etc. Stop telling customers you or another family member own the item. Like Jack Webb, just the facts. As a consumer that's what you need. The same applies to jewelry shows the, top ,under galley,bottom, give the gram weight ,etc. Those are the reasons why I only watch in a blue moon, and that's background noise.

Super Contributor

Why don't you just print out QVC's ""generic size"" chart and keep it handy when you are watching TV?

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/27/2015 Kathleen said:

Why don't you just print out QVC's "generic size" chart and keep it handy when you are watching TV?

Why shouldn't the host just measure one garment to see if it's in line with their "generic size"? It ain't gonna happen, just like the "generic size" ain't gonna be accurate!

Respected Contributor

On 2/27/2015 Kathleen said:

Why don't you just print out QVC's ""generic size"" chart and keep it handy when you are watching TV?

Because most clothing items don't match that chart.

Honored Contributor

I do believe that we would all be very happy if they would just keep running the size chart(s) (pertaining to each particular item/style/designer) in the white box in the lower right corner of the screen. That really solves the problem. Give us plenty of time to read the three or four sizes at a time in the white box. While the host is talking, and the models are modeling, we can be viewing and choosing our sizes.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

The Q will reap all of the revenue from the $6.95 returns! Not everybody wants to boot up their computer to review the size charts which are not always accurate. All Q clothing measurements, regardless of the designers, should be the same!!