Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Happy Friday to everyone, enjoy the day, we woke up to minus three, but are now up to 12 degrees. The sun is out, so it does make the day seen nicer.

I did my shopping for the day, groceries, and a new electric toothbrush, I know you are all jealous of my shopping excitement here. Not much more going on today, we do have to go to the funeral home for DH's aunt. Her health wasn't good and she passed on Monday.

Not much else going on around here, I hope to do some de-cluttering but we will see. It is off to wash some more clothes. Hope everyone has a great morning.

Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Friday

Good morning friends!! Susan thank you for starting us! I miss my electric toothbrush. DH is headed home for a day (business) and I am sending him a list and hoping the weather is ok enough for him to get back to me. We did our grocery shopping last night at Squalmart, but I do need to get to the pet store.

So sorry to hear about DH's Aunt.

I have been working on the rv every day and have clothes pretty much distributed. Had to get rid of a few ::gasp:: and send home with him. How many white blouses do I need? The answer is only 3. ::giggle::

My vacuum is not available in the store so I will be ordering online today. I could get a purple one for a few more dollars, but then I can't use my gift card. Wanty is alive and well! I am planning on trying on a couple dresses too, at Dress Barn.

It is snowing out and starting to stick to the bushes. I am totally enamored. Smiley Happy Hugs to all.

Trusted Contributor

Kathleen - Glad you are getting the RV organized. Sorry you had to (gasp) send clothes back with DH. I know you will get everything to your liking soon. If you like snow, you can visit my sister-in-law's sister in Boston, she has 7 feet of it in her backyard. We have had the very cold temps, but, we don't have a lot of snow. Thank Goodness.

Have a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan, It is cold here today but the sunshine is so nice. Sorry about your DH's aunt. Hopefully she didn't suffer. RC, It sounds like you are getting the RV all set up. Have fun at the Dress Barn. We don't have one near us, but I have been in a couple of them. DH is doing some banking for us & took my mom with him so she can go to her bank. It works best when he takes her out & about. Then they will go to the grocery store. I just need some buns for the bar b cue that I am making for supper. Mom gets MOW' s so they need to be back by 11:00. I think DH & I will have lunch out then enjoy the hot tub. Hugs to all of you.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning! Thanks for getting us started, Susan. I purchased a new electric toothbrush a few months ago -- it was an exciting purchase for me as well. Maybe not exciting, but definitely appreciated by my teeth. LOL Sorry about your DH's Aunt. Glad that it is sunny, if cold. It is sunny here as well -- not cold, thank goodness. We are expecting cooler/windy/rainy weather. But, still much better than most of the country.

Hi Kathleen -- glad you are getting things under control in the RV. Would you believe that I haven't owned a "regular" white blouse for several years. I do have a white tank top and a white tank and see-through Linea top. I don't think pain white is all that becoming on me, but the main reason is that I seem to spill things on white clothes all the time, and the spills are very obvious.

I am finding that some things I have kept for years are just not that flattering on me, so it is helping to de-populate my closet a bit. On the other hand, I am pretty determined to check out that T-shirt tunic in Wal-Mart. Maybe it won't look good on me, but otherwise I will probably be picking one up. I find the clothing at Wal-Mart isn't always top quality, and some is clearly made for young (very thin) girls. But, some of their clothing is fine and lasts and lasts.

Hope you get your new vacuum soon, and you satisfy wanty one way or another. Goodness knows, I have that problem.

Good luck to Jean with her tests today. I'm so happy someone helped with your driveway. Also happy you were able to finish one of your papers early, Arlene. Hope you are okay after your fall. My lip is looking slightly better this morning, thank goodness. But, it still is not very attractive to say the least.

Waves to Marijane, LindaR, twinny, pinky ann, Gayle, Rosa, Karen, cerb, and all of our posters and readers.

No big plans for me today. I want to go to the grocery store to find some fish and produce, and I plan to go for a walk and to Curves later on.

I think someone asked yesterday -- my "classes" are very good this term.

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- enjoy the hot tub today, twinny. I forgot to mention that my doctor's office did get my osteoporosis medicine yesterday, but too late for me to have the injection. Today, the lady who gives the injections is out, and they are not open on Monday. So, it will be at least Tuesday morning before I can have my injection.

Respected Contributor

Linda I never had white before either because of spills, but I bought a couple and now at work I'm finding they look very nice!

Susan I think I would have a lot of fun in 7' of snow - for a couple days. Too bad it doesn't work like that. They should make heated roofs to prevent buildup - but I guess then the ground would be even more treacherous.

Twinny, it is strange now to go back home and see what clothes are left in the closet. I think I will be able to get rid of more clothes as time goes by instead of collecting more, or squirreling them away.

Esteemed Contributor

LL, good luck when you get your injection on Tuesday. I don't really like white tops on me, but I love white capris. Your classes sound fun this time around.

Gayle, that soup & sandwich shop sounds good to me. I like that type of cafe. You did great on your shopping spree & consignment shop $$$. How nice the lady in the store to give you another coupon for your purchase.

pinky ann, It sounds like you had a really fun shopping day yesterday. Happy birthday & 60 is a fun number! It is nice to get lots of fun in one outing. Shopping makes me tired too. I am good for one store, then I mostly people watch while my DH has some shopping fun.

DH got back quickly from taking mom out & about. She only wanted to go to her bank lock box. So I guess it is soon time for lunch out and a few groceries.

Valued Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Susan. Thanks for starting the thread. So sorry for the loss of DH's aunt. We have good size piles of snow from having been plowed, but I'm not sure how much is on the ground.

I posted later in the day yesterday about my terrific shopping day yesterday. It was a trip I've waited awhile for, and just to look at things for myself. My birthday is coming up soon, and a few things were gifts to myself, as it's a big birthday. The purchase of the day was a beautiful, soft rose colored Coach handbag. I've never owned the brand, and didn't realize it was at first as the name plate is very discreet. That appealed to me, as I'd like to have the bag stand on it's own, not just a name. Love it!!!!!

Kathleen, It must be neat to see snow where you so rarely get any. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Linda, Glad you will get your treatment done soon. Have fun going through your wardrobe, and good luck with the top.

Twinny, Have a nice lunch out with DH. I hope your mom is getting on ok with her vision as limited as it is. Hoping the injection will help a lot.

I got lots done here this morning, and just finished an early lunch. After taking a rest, I'll be heading to town to the resale shop, as well as fill DH's car with gas for him. Have a good day everyone! pinky

Respected Contributor

Ann I read about your great find and it sounds wonderful! I'm so glad you found some things that will work for you. I just ordered 4 dresses, hoping at least 2 of them are winners. I got free shipping and $20 off so it will be nice to try them on at home.

It is still snowing and I absolutely love it!! I had fun at lunch, though traffic was building up. Schools are letting out at noon. They told us to go home if we need to but I live so close that I don't see the need. I can't wait to get home and see what puppy thinks of it.

Esteemed Contributor

RC, I love snow but not a foot or two at a time. We might get an inch or two on Sunday. Then next Tuesday looks interesting. pinky, your new handbag sounds very pretty. I remember when our DD first moved to the home that they are now in. It is a very nice cul d sac (sp)? Her next door neighbor had a garage sale & was selling D & B bags for $10.00. DD bought one with the D & B words on it. She was so proud of the bag until a lady came up to her one day & said "I love your Donkey's and Turkey's bag. LOL.