Valued Contributor

Kelly threatened to quit Fashion Police...

Did you hear about the remark that Giuliana on the Oscar's after show Fashion Police? It was a dig at the little gal with all the braided hair stacked all over the place at the Oscar's. Giuliana made a sincere apology to the girl on air. I guess little Kelly thinks she is more important than she is. I mean what does she add to the show, her fashion choices alone, tell you she isn't a fashion expert. Anyway, just my opinion, so ga by Kelly

Trusted Contributor

Re: Kelly threatened to quit Fashion Police...

Kelly is cute and quirky in her style choices, but I don't think she adds a lot to the show. She always says she is "obsessed" with certain looks or she says she is friends with someone so she doesn't want to say anything negative. Sorry, but I don't think the show would miss her. I just worry that they'd replace her with a Kardashian -- yuck!

Valued Contributor

On 2/25/2015 child prodigy said: You are just as crude as Guiliana.

Could you please explain??

Trusted Contributor

G. Rancic's comment was an attempt at humor that was received by Zendaya Coleman as insensitive at best and racist at worse (okay, many of you may start with the comments about the overuse of the so-called "race card."). Ms. Coleman wrote a simply eloquent response to the half-hearted non-apology posted by Rancic in which she explained why the comments reflected ignorance. Given the pushback that Rancic received and perhaps some introspection, she issued another apology that was not fully contrite. Why can't Rancic and others in that situation simply say, " I made a mistake; I offended and possibly hurt you, and I apologize?" That would be a major advance in intercultural understanding. BTW OP, I agree with child prodigy.

Super Contributor

What if Joan Rivers had said the same thing?

Honored Contributor

What did Giuliana say in her first apology? I heard the second one but not the first.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Kelly is playing games. Quit? really and do what? She is lucky to have that job. Call her bluff.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Valued Contributor

I don't even know who this girl is, but she probably knew her hair would get some comments, I mean it was a bit over the top.

Did you see the video of Giuliana's apology? It was great, she was sincere, said she was sorry and admitted it was a stupid comment. What do you want from her, cut off her left arm and send it on it's way.

Anyway, my main point was that Kelly had threatened to quit.{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Trusted Contributor

Apparently, the remark was crude and considered prejudice since Guiliana had described Zendaya's dreadlock's as patchouli oil & weed. Kelly is also friends with Zendaya.

Here is the article by US magazine:

UPDATE: An E! rep denies that there were multiple takes, saying, "There was only one take of Giuliana's comments. Kelly did let the group know Zendaya is a friend of hers."

--

Should've listened. While Zendaya has publicly forgiven Giuliana Rancic for her comments about her dreadlocks, Us Weekly can exclusively reveal that the E! News host could have avoided the entire fiasco, had she listened to her co-host Kelly Osbourne.

A source from the set of Fashion Police tells Us that the taping -- which took place the day after the Oscars on Monday, Feb. 23 -- was halted and re-done multiple times due to the sensitive nature of Rancic's comments, which were called into question by Osbourne.

PHOTOS: Celebs fight back on Twitter

"They did the Zendaya segment three times," the insider tells Us. "Three different takes. On the first two takes, Kelly said 'Guys, we can’t say this. Zendaya is a friend of the show.'" (Indeed, Zendaya has previously appeared on Fashion Police more than once. Osbourne, meanwhile, tweeted publicly about her friendship with the Disney star after Rancic was called out for her comments.)

Despite Osbourne's protests, the source tells Us that producers went ahead with the third and final take. "Giuliana said the words 'patchouli oil' and 'weed' three times," the insider recalls, in front of an audience of about 30 people. "They all heard the three takes," the source tells Us.

Zendaya responded on Tuesday and called out Rancic in a Twitter post, which has since been applauded by the likes of Solange, Kerry Washington, Viola Davis, and Khloe Kardashian. "To say that an 18 year old young woman with locs must smell of patchouli oil or 'weed' is not only a large stereotype but outrageously offensive," Zendaya wrote.

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/kelly-osbourne-warned-giuliana-about-zendaya-comment-o...
Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

Respected Contributor

On 2/25/2015 Crisso said:

What if Joan Rivers had said the same thing?

I believe Joan Rivers made comments that also created drama. They were also posted on this forum.

http://community.qvc.com/forums/suggestion+box/topic/405306/did-joan-rivers-really-say-that-take-ac...