Respected Contributor

I just got spring catalogs for both. Almost all their tops are extremely LONG for the season. I am 5' & these LOONG tops don't work on me,lol....I look 2', & what is even worse, I am wide as I am tall, so they really make me look SHORT,lol...

Some very cute things, but much too long!!

Honored Contributor

.....okay. But QVC doesn't sell anything from those companies.

Honored Contributor
I love the option of the longer tops, and my preference is 32". I have ordered from both of the companies mentioned.
Valued Contributor
I also order from all these vendors at 5'7 1/2 my sweet spot is 31 inches. That was discovered through much trial and error. The key is when you order as qvc item that fits you perfectly you write down the measurement s and KEEP it for reference. If you are a shorter person QVC might over better selections for petite plus size.
Respected Contributor
On 2/25/2015 chrystaltree said:

.....okay. But QVC doesn't sell anything from those companies.

I guess I left out the point of my topic,lol...

LONG tops seems to be the trend of upcoming fashions. What's a short gal supposed to do????

chrystaltree: there are many topics not related to QVC on these forums. Sorry if you only relate to QVC {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Respected Contributor

The message is that many women have to pay extra for alterations. I just plunked down $40 yesterday to have two skirts shortened.

Respected Contributor

I purchased a wonderful ""Stan Herman"" type chenille robe from them at Christmas that is just wonderful!!!! Anyone looking for a Stan clone check this baby out. Also comes in blue.

Trusted Contributor

I've received both catalogs for years - I am 5'6"" & the tops are definitely too long for me. I usually love at least a couple tunic tops each season tho & I have to pay a seamstress $20-25 ea to shorten them by at least 4"". Their tops have always been too long.

Trusted Contributor

Several of the plus size specialty catalogs (Woman Within, Roaman's, Ulla Popken, Silhouettes, and others) offer many very long, loose tops. I guess many larger women feel more comfortable in longer garments they hope will hide figure flaws. As a plus size woman myself, I have learned that long, oversized tops tend to make my shape an oversized rectangle. I think of it as "the refrigerator effect".......and I avoid it. Fortunately, there are many plus size offerings with more flattering proportions.

I feel a little sorry for the attractive women tented in bigtops like these.......

Plus Size Womens Clothing - Rose Parade Challis Tunic Plus Size Womens Clothing - Bold Bouquet Knit Tunic

Honored Contributor

Yes, a lot are longer-some past the knees (I'm 5' 8" in my comfy shoes for work) and they only work with an extremely tall figure.

I'm waiting until options are given. I will not buy something so long and cut off my height! They're going to be "dated"!