Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, 2/25)

Good morning, shopping friends. I've been busy so I had expected someone else to start the thread by now. It is a beautiful sunny day. It is amazing how much of a difference a sunny day can make in motivation and mood.

I caught a few minutes of the Liz Claiiborne show and heard it mentioned the line had been on QVC in three years. I have yet to buy anything from the line. I guess it is hard for me to break over and try new lines when I like the lines I order from now.

I did see that the 32 oz. WEN 613 with styling cream has shipped. That definitely was not a need but I've been considering trying and the pitch of "offered twice a year" for that combo got me at a weak moment.

I got the call from the Surgical Center this morning to go over my health record and to ask me a variety of questions. No, I haven't been out of country. No, I haven't been exposed to anyone with an exotic disease, etc. They will call me on Friday to give me the expected time for Monday's procedure.

This Friday, I have to go and get a CAT scan of my kidneys and bladder, followed by an appointment with the cardiologist. All my hot dates are with medical people now.

I think the TSV is nice for those who love to grill outside, but I don't do that so it won't be coming home to me. I do like the upcoming Vionic Orthoheel TSV but I have some Orthoheel sandals still in excellent condition, and I have one pair that is 3 years old and still looks good as I rotate my sandals in the Summer.

I was channel surfing an watching an episode of Criminal Minds when I caught Kathy Levine doing a Nutrisystem commercial. I remember her so well from the old QVC days.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, 2/25)

Just came in from trying to do something with the driveway. I have a path shoveled down on one side but it still has about a half inch of ice on it. I love it when people go down the side street and wave at you as you work but no one volunteers, and I've made it known on Facebook that I had a problem with the driveway. Yes, people have said in the past they would help me if needed but when the time comes, they are off doing other things. I hate winter! A nice apartment in a high rise with no lawn, etc. to maintain is getting more tempting. It used to be easy to get people to do work especially since I paid, but the older I get the less help is available. It must be the lack of cleavage shown or lack of tight pants or skirt! I try to have a sense of humor about it.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today. Sorry you are having problems getting some help with the shoveling. I remember during the big snow in the nineties shoveling out our driveway and I think 5 people I know drove by and waved to me but did not stop to help. And did I mention one of them was my brother.

We are having a cold, but, sunny day here, the sun does make a difference in your mood.

There isn't much going on here today, I don't feel real enthusiastic today so not sure what I am going to do here. Hope everyone has a great day.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, You are so right about a nice sunny day. Yesterday it turned sunny in the afternoon. Today it is cloudy but the temps are mild. We are getting light snow. Under an inch is predicted. Maybe a little more tonight. Every one counts if it tracks a cat. So far we have had 18 with 20 more predicted to come our way. March can be snowy as it is warmer by then.

We had breakfast out as DH wanted to get a haircut. Then it was on to the travel agent to get our vacation documents. Yes, we are flying out 3 weeks from today. Our good friends that are going with us are sick again with the flu. I told my BF that she needs to go into isolation until our vacation.

It is a problem getting snow removal help & also lawn mowing when you can't do it yourself. Mom has a neighbor guy, but he comes when he wants to & not when he is needed sometimes. Her driveway is sometimes hard to navigate especially after the city plows come by & put up another big mess & he doesn't remove it before it freezes again.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--The three weeks until you all inclusive vacation will quickly pass. I do hope that your friends recover quickly. I have always been concerned about the possibility of an illness, etc. interfering with a trip.

Susan--You have worked so hard in the past with decluttering, etc. that this sunny day is a good day to relax and enjoy whatever develops.

I did go to bed to rest and to read a mystery I started last night. I am tired so I don't think I'll do much more. Hopefully, I shoveled enough that the sun will help it tomorrow.

Ugh! Let me rethink that idea. Snow is expected tomorrow. I have to get to the city for those tests on Friday; they were rescheduled from the previous bad snow day.

Respected Contributor

Hello friends! I wish you could all come to Texas (or Linda's in AZ) for the winter, and then in the blistering summer months I can do a "timeshare" at each of your homes! One month here, one month there, etc. We were promised 3" of snow last night, and I woke to rain at 2, then when I woke up for good at 6 it was turning to sleet. It did snow for 10 minutes once I got to work - just beautiful (since we never get snow it's pretty awesome for me) and then it was over. The sun came out and it's in the 40's today.

DH met me for lunch which was very nice! We went out to eat last night and I got my chicken fried steak. I am looking forward to my shark buying extravaganza but have still not had time to look around.

Not much else to report here. I got some wonderful encouraging texts last night and today from all my Loveys. DD called last night and said she made it so her adventure has begun. That's about all I've got!

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Jean. Sorry you are having difficulty in getting help with things like shoveling snow. That must be very frustrating. I don't remember getting many offers for help when I was living in Maryland. And, sometimes my helpers would disappear when I needed them.

Hope you like the new Wen product. I still haven't tried those products or the Liz ones. Maybe someday.

Hi Susan -- that is certainly a bad memory about your brother waving and driving on. Yikes! I never lived that close to my brother, but I think he would have helped if he saw me working like that, but who knows. Glad you and Jean are having sun. It is sunny here, but our temperatures are below normal instead of above normal. Then again, even these temperatures are much warmer than in most of the country. Both DH and I were awakened by the heat coming on -- it has been nice not needing heat for quite a while.

Waves to twinny. Your trip is coming up soon. Hope your friend and her husband are completely over the flu by then.

This morning, we did a bit of shopping at Wal-Mart and the 99 cent store. Both were pretty crowded, and some items were MIA (the winter visitors are here in force.) After that, we went to the goodbye party for the director of the senior lunch program. It was very nice, we will sure miss the director. It would be nice if Kathleen would catch one of her shows when she gets settled in Fort Worth. Of course, I don't know how far she will be from where Kathleen is. And, she does country music, which may not be Kathleen's favorite.

I am waiting for the doctor's office to call and let me know that my osteoporosis drug is in. If that doesn't happen this afternoon, I will go tomorrow or Friday. I will be going to Curves this afternoon, and probably take a walk as well.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, pinky ann, Rosa, Marijane, Susan, LindaR, Karen, cert, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- DD's area is expecting a storm tonight/tomorrow as well, Jean. Yuck and more yuck. Glad to know your DD made it okay Kathleen, and you had lunch with your DH -- how nice.

Respected Contributor

Linda, the older I get the more I love country music! You will have to let me know when she gets settled. Poor DD, probably not looking forward to anymore snow. My Mom got a few complaints when she posted her snow pictures this morning. We needed our heat the past few days and it kept tripping the breaker! Steve got an extension cord and I can use the toaster again!

I can't imagine needing to depend on other's help to get necessary things done but I know that day will come. I've been very blessed to have my Beloved - and it sounds very very frustrating to deal with some of these issues like snow shoveling and yard care when there is no one around to help.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

Well, this should be an interesting day, weather-wise; it's gloomy and overcast, and two apps and a website are all predicting snow, but one app says 1-3", another says 6-10", and the website says 3-5". We'll see which one comes closest! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Fortunately there's nothing that I need to buy; I'm well-stocked on food for myself and the critters, although there doesn't seem to be anything I want for myself that I feel like having. I don't worry about shoveling my driveway, and there are no sidewalks here; on the rare occasions we get snow I let it melt on its own, which is never more than a day or two. There are plenty of guys who drive around with trailers who offer grass cutting and lawn services, but my front yard is small and the back yard is mostly clover, and I'm not about to waste $50 on a job I can do myself in an hour or so. Kids these days (at least around here) aren't interested in doing work - it's a four letter word. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I spent a good part of the day on my paper, which is up to about 20 pages; I set it aside around midnight so I could get one of my new books started, and read for a few hours. I figure another two hours' more work and it'll be done, apart from proofreading. People don't realize how important the proofreading is; auto-correct keeps changing "protology" (God's fundamental purpose for humanity) to "proctology." {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Susan, I've learned a long time ago that you can't rely on someone just because they're a sibling; sorry your brother was so uncaring.

Jean, I used to love Liz Claiborne when the line first came out; my first purchase from her was two very beautiful business suits that I got in Bloomingdale's, and I still remember them well. Macy's in Herald Square had a Liz Claiborne department that in itself was larger than most stores, and I could go crazy in there! I could spend $1,000 or more without batting an eye. (Of course, I could afford it....) I still have quite a few sweaters and tops from when the line was still quality (and they still fit); I never cared for it after it became cheapened and they started to sell it at JCP. I wouldn't be surprised to see the next stop for it is Walmart.

Twinny, I'll bet you can't wait to get away! You deserve a break; you've been through a lot lately.

LindaL, you've inspired me to get back to exercising; I got the bear room/gym cleaned up, and was going to start this week, but my knee is acting up and I want to get this paper done. Hopefully by the weekend....

Guess I'd better get back to work. I want to get this paper done and out of the way, and get back to my book. I have one more paper, and that one has a limit of about 15 pages, so between tomorrow and Friday I hope to knock it out.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Valued Contributor

Hi Everybody!

I can sure relate to all of you who need help at times, especially with outdoor work. We have a great guy plowing for us now, so that headache is relieved. Sunny for the 4th day in a row, and we actually got up to 37 this afternoon. That was about 4:00, so it may have been even a few degrees higher.

I enjoyed chatting with my friend, and we're hoping to start getting together again since the weather is getting nicer. We're an hour and a half away, so don't get to see each other much in the winter. My brother and I chatted as well, mainly about Easter plans, and figuring out what we wanted to do. I'm thrilled to be leaving winter, rather than going into it.

I did some cleaning today, and think I figured out what I wanted to do to decorate the kitchen table. I have a small lamp there always, as one narrow side is near the wall and I like the way it looks when it's lite, and just added a small pottery piece with some flowers, and a neat Bon Ami tin to make a little display. I like it very much, and it's resting on a doily my mom made me, so that makes it even nicer to me. I love to decorate, but I do keep things pretty simple nowadays.

Nothing exciting to report, just wanted to say hi. Have a good evening! pinky