Honored Contributor

These new jeans that coming out are being weirder and weirder with distressed style. I think it hit the jackpot with this one. I got an email for this. It's by Rag & Bone, the color is coal (fancy black) and "torn" Only $695.00.

The Skinny

Valued Contributor

I think they are cute! A tad pricey though...lol!

Trusted Contributor

Not something I would wear and way overpriced, but at least the "distressing" is artfully done. They're actually kinda cute on the trendy young model! Personally, if I wanted distressed jeans, I'd make a trip to Goodwill, pick up a quality pair for $5 or so, and have a go at them with a razor blade!

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe I should distress my old jeans...and sell them!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor
On 2/25/2015 GoodStuff said:

Not something I would wear and way overpriced, but at least the "distressing" is artfully done. They're actually kinda cute on the trendy young model! Personally, if I wanted distressed jeans, I'd make a trip to Goodwill, pick up a quality pair for $5 or so, and have a go at them with a razor blade!

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}great idea!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

there is a reason why these are shown on a very thin young girl.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor
On 3/1/2015 sunshine45 said:

there is a reason why these are shown on a very thin young girl.

that model is the only one they use when they showcase their jeans. She's small enough to be child like. Except that she's tall of course. The $700.00 price tag is when the are new. It should drop down to about the $400.00 range. And they are sold to women with very good incomes. But Rag & Bone are like Acne Studios and Frame. Very high end and too Chic. Emma Watson only wears Frame jeans. She can afford them. Another exclusive brand is 3X1. Acne Studios are a little more pricey for a reason. Their jeans are made only in Italy. Both brands will never drop below a certain amount.

There is no end in sight concerning the distressed look. If you walk around in them and you father made more then $200,000.00 a year, you're chic. If you walk around them and your father made less then $30,000.00 a year, you're low class.

Valued Contributor

I was a teenager in the 70's and the more worn out our Levis were, the better they were. But we didn't pay an arm and a leg for them. We used to call them "grippers" because of the buttons instead of a zipper. They were shrink to fit Levis and they were awesome. I would take my brothers old jeans, his really got worn cause he worked construction and they were really cool, all torn and faded. We weren't smart enough to cut them ourselves and make them "fake" worn, we actually wore them out ourselves. Loved them so much!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Esteemed Contributor

She looks like she spent her school lunch money on her jeans and couldn't afford to eat for the semester. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I don't get the "need" to look so poor in tattered clothes?

OMG, I grew up so poor the last thing I wanted to do was LOOK poor.

Regular Contributor

The mummy strikes! If these were in white. Ridiculous. If they have people willing to pay this kind of money out, then these companies and fashion designers are willing to take it and laugh all the way to the bank with it.