Contributor

Hello...does anyone else feel the new lower s&h prices are really a big joke on us...the customers?

I was so happy to learn that QVC lowered their s&H prices to $3.00 on some items like clothing.,,,,,BUT...they are now shipping only one garment in each package when they used to send multiple items in one package. I also discovered that when returning a clothing item we are charged $6.95 per package. I ordered 4 pairs of lightweight slacks. Each pair came in a separate bag. They needed to be returned. So I actually paid $3.00 per pair plus $6.95 per pair for returned items. So that's $12.00 to receive, plus $27.80 to return ...that totals $39.88 for shipping and handling for 4 pairs of light weight slacks...what's wrong with this picture?

Honored Contributor

Re: Hello...does anyone else feel the new lower s&h prices are really a big joke on us...the customers?

Put them all in one return bag and mark the bag with a note on the outside-- X amount of orders inside and list the order #'s on the note and then mail it back. If you use regular Priority US Mail ask for a price beforehand and see if its cheaper to send back w/o using the pre paid QVC return labels.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hello...does anyone else feel the new lower s&h prices are really a big joke on us...the customers?

Yep, and they also raised the prices a few $ on the items. I don't buy a thing!

Frequent Contributor

Return shipping has always been 6.95. They only reduced the shipping to you. Pack as many as you can into 1 package. I have always done this. Sometimes I use their label, sometimes I don't.

Frequent Contributor

Return shipping has always been 6.95. They only reduced the shipping to you. Pack as many as you can into 1 package. I have always done this. Sometimes I use their label, sometimes I don't.

The items I keep track of, waiting for a clearance, have not gone up in price. Feature prices do eventually go up to the QVC price.

Honored Contributor

CS has told me you can only include the items in one order for the $6.95 charge. If you include items from several orders, you'll be charged for each.

Of course they wouldn't change anything unless it was to their advantage. I'm sure they did a lot of studying before they made the change. They know they'll make more money. It's a win/win for them...the customer thinks she's got a better deal, and they'll make a larger profit

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

They have raised the prices on a lot of the items. I bought item A199931 back in March of 2014 and the price was $28.00 and it was not a special. Now they have had the item back on this month for $31.00 (so the price went up $3.00). Of course back in March of 2014 my shipping cost was $4.50 for the two items.

I am not really a happy camper (and I have looked at several items that I bought last year and now the prices have gone up. Maybe they think we are stupid.

Contributor

double post that somehow got through

Esteemed Contributor

Don't use the QVC prepaid label. put as many pairs of slacks as will fit into the QVC package and put your own mailing label on it and take it to the PO and pay the shipping fee yourself. I guarantee it will be less than the $6.95 per item that QVC charges. 95% of the time I put my own label and pay the shipping fee. my return shipping never costs me more than $6.95 and usually runs anywhere from $1.00-$2.00 less than that.
Honored Contributor

I've said it many times. It's called 'switch and bait'. A company (especially like QVC) isn't going to lose money (that's why they got rid of the other CEO or whomever she was).

Follow this....they make some/much of the S&H around $3 for light things. Then they stop refuning the S&H, they've made $3 no matter what. If you send it back they've still made S&H now. The cost of most things have already gone up a few dollars, they make money. They don't offer EASY PAY on very many things (I used to buy almost everything that way because I'd often have to send things back and it was less money out of pocket at once).

I've noticed I haven't heard David say to callers, "You used the easy pay? Did you? Gotta love that easy pay." That's because it isn't offered even close to as much. Go back and look at even today's Denim and Co. Normally the TSV is always on easy pay. Not so much anymore already.

Anyway, this is boring. QVC isn't going to have it's customers save money. Their idea of a sale is certainly not what most people think of a sale.

The recent scare about people being 'cautious' in the Malls would make more people stay home and order things.....what's it called...brick and mortar stores?

I like QVC, but think about my like this way. I used it like it ummmm....I'd give it maybe an 8, now I'd give it maybe a 3 1/2. I hate having anyone think I'm a fool.

I used to order so many things it was stupid (stupid of me). Now I order almost nothing. I'm so fed up with them. Most places offer free shipping (even then they figure it in the price). At least they give the impression they're interested.

Not only does QVC charge us for the shipping, they no longer refund it when we send it back. Plus we have to pay to ship it back. All of this makes us stupid.