Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (Tuesday, February 24)

Good Morning Ladies! I have my volunteer job at the senior lunch program today, and I plan to go to the gym in the afternoon. Hopefully, DH and I will also be taking a short walk as well.

Amazingly enough, I have done some cleaning this morning -- I usually wait until later in the day, but I'm happy that I got started early.

It is cloudy here today, and our high temperature is predicted to be 60 degrees, much cooler than the past few days. We also may have some rain. I know that sounds balmy to many of you. Hope the ice/cold/snow isn't too bad for you today.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Gayle, pinky ann, Marijane, Susan, LindaR, cerb, Rosa, Karen, Barbara, and all of our posters and readers.

I decided against purchasing yesterday's TSV, and I will not be buying today's TSV either. But, I did go to Beall's outlet yesterday (after going to Curves), and bought a pair of charcoal gray jeans. With my "Monday Club" discount they were only $11. Hopefully, they will work well for me.

What is everyone doing today? Hope it is a good day for all of you.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (Tuesday, February 24)

Good morning:

We had two hour delays this morning. Due to icy conditions. Some school districts cancelled classes yesterday (Hill Country area).

We have Bealls but not an outlet. I only go in there when I am looking for a specific need. Hope your ""find"" works well for you.

Esteemed Contributor

LL, I do my best cleaning in the morning too. That is when I have the most energy. Our weather is mild today, but cloudy. They did say a dusting of snow, but there is none in sight. Your jeans were an excellent price too. Linda R, sorry about the school starting late today, but ice is definitely no fun. DH is out for his walk. I am watching the Q. Nothing is calling my name so that is a good thing.
Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. Good job on getting the cleaning done early. That is something that if I don't do early, it may not get done. I also didn't order the yesterday's TSV or today's.

LindaR--I wondered if you were still experiencing the winter conditions. We have no Bealls anywhere near me, nor an outlet.

Twinny--I am watching D&C which I normally like but nothing is calling me to buy. We are saving some money today.

We are closed again today with the temperatures at seven below when they had to make a judgement call. This makes the 9th consecutive school day to be closed. It was originally a two-hour delay but there are some regs that stipulate that school must be closed below a certain temperature, and seven below definitely fit that. We have until June 30 to make up any days closed.

Tomorrow looks good for school to be back in session as there is no snow in the forecast and the temperatures at 20+ will be like a heat wave in comparison. The sunshine today should help the ice disappear from the side roads.

I was scheduled to work tomorrow. I decided to make myself unavailable the rest of the week. I have to be here when the surgery center calls to go over details and give me the scheduled time for the procedure next Monday. I also have to go Friday and have the CAT scan done, followed by a cardiology appointment. They really wanted the CAT scan done earlier on the 16th but it was cancelled because of the weather, and this Friday was the earliest it could be scheduled.

I'm definitely having urges to buy but clothing isn't what is calling me. I tend to be attracted to buying items hard to find in the stores when I go to look for them. Time is important to me and I hate wasting gas on a fruitless search.

Those people who are able to find great buys are clothing are fortunate, as the sales usually don't have the item in the size or color I want...or it is obvious it had been tried on too much. My favorite experience was finding a great buy in a two-piece outfit. When I took it to the fitting room to try it on, I discovered that the top was one size and the bottom another size. Someone had taken the time to take parts and combine them to make the perfect fit for them.

I am doing odds and ends around the house, and will likely spend the afternoon in Kindle time. This has become a big habit since the weather has closed things down.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Good morning Linda, and thank you for starting us! I always like it when I get the cleaning out of the way. I was telliing my friends how much I love the rv because at the house there is always something "talking to me" ("I'm dirty, clean me") and 2 of the women told me I was semi-crazy. They told me I was exhibiting compulsive behavior. ha ha ha ha ha

I've only been to Bealls a couple times but it sounds like it is a great place for a lot of folks - ours was out of the way for me.

Our weather is still freezing, still a lot of ice here and there on the roads but I made it to work with no problems. They are saying another dangerous round of precip tonight (news was all doom and gloom this morning again) and there is no school today.

Twinny nothing has been calling my name either, though I did wake up at 2am and was awake for 2.5 hours. I shopped online before I finally got sleepy again, but did not buy. Just looked at some pretty dresses at Dress Barn.

Jean I've noticed you have been reading a lot. Last night I started a new book "Unbroken", it's a movie now too. I've been reading magazines but I'm about wore out with them. Now will be writing letters to my Recruit. I'm determined to write one every day and one to give to someone with no mail as well.

I'm not so well dressed today. I tried to rearrange clothes in the rv last night; I have a bunch of baskets trying to use them to help but none seem to be the right sizes. I got a little discouraged but in the end got everything put up nicely. Just need to keep at it. I have another bag of shoes that I haven't brought in yet. Even the pantry is stuffed by now.

So my outfit looked good in theory but I'm not happy with it in the mirror. But wore it anyway. It's not awful, just not ideal.

Esteemed Contributor

Kathleen--It is so thoughtful that you are writing a letter that DD can give to someone getting little or no mail. Shopping online is great and a way to kill time. Good job on not buying. You'll eventually get things organized.

You're right! I do read a lot; there isn't much else to do here except read or watch TV after house stuff is done. I am really looking forward to Friday as the last time I was to the city was on February 8 to get my nails done and have lunch with a friend. Since February 11, I have been able to get out of the house 30 minutes during a break in the weather to get my meds.

I'm off to fix my Progresso Light soup for lunch and then Kindle time for a break. I started a new book yesterday evening and I'm half way through it.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Jean I feel the same way in the rv. I did bring my guitar but I keep it in my car - there is really no room for it in the rv. I'm not sure what we will be doing this weekend, am finally starting to feel better.

Steve told me to go ahead and buy the (Shark) vacuum that I want but with the weather I hadn't ventured out yet to do it. I guess that is some shopping I am looking forward to.

DD is texting me here and there, waiting on her flight info. I'm glad to hear she is going over there with 5 others from the area.

Valued Contributor

Hi Ladies!

It's not a warm day, but beautiful and sunny. I've been working on my laundry marathon this morning, and did a few little things in between, I'm not usually this backed up, but the last load will be drying in a few minutes, and I'm going upstairs to take a break.

I have a ton of minutes on my original cell phone, and will see if I can use some of them to call a good buddy. I can't wait for the weather to break so that we can get together.

LindaL and Twinny,, I do my best work early in the day as well. I've always been a morning person, so that may contribute to that morning energy.

Jean, Your area has really been hit with school closings. I hope they don't have to go too long in the summer to make all of the days up. It's nice having the Kindle with all of the books available to you. There's a book called " Miss Minimalist" for .99 that shows on her site. I don't know if that book would be of interest, but reading her blog gives me motivation to not let things gather, or bring in too much, without things leaving first.

Kathleen, Happy you were able to figure out your basket storage. It can't be easy to transition to a RV from a home, so I give you lots of credit for doing so well after such a short time living there. Good luck to DD!

LindaR, Hope both your weather and roads improve soon. I'm surprised our roads have been as good as they've been for this time of year. Being on a school bus route doesn't hurt either.

My dryer beeped, so I'm going to go finish up, then rest awhile. Have a good afternoon! pinky

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, 9 days in a row of no school is terrible for your part of the country. I think our schools have missed only 1 day so far. Good luck with the upcoming tests. I don't like the tests but waiting for the results for me is far worse.

RC, your area sounds bad also. I woke up in the middle of the night & watched D. & Co. for over an hour. I did notice that one top that I bought at the outlet store for $5.00 was $25 plus tax & s/h. I didn't pay tax or s/h/.

I got an email from our DD saying that their oldest son (14) had been practicing very hard with a friend on a French Horn duet. The friend ruptured an eardrum last week so they couldn't enter the competition. Our DGS is very musically talented so he of course was disappointed. He plays trumpet, Fr. Horn, keyboard & sax. They might be able to perform on March 7th though. DGS (12) just recently got over the flu & pink eye. Thank goodness nobody else got it. Their much loved pastor of 10 years resigned recently to move back to his home town in OH. It is a small church & they will really miss him. I much prefer her happy emails, as she is such an upbeat person.

DH is cleaning the hot tub filters. A job that he does each month. Then he will be starting my moped to let it run as it has been unused in the basement for about 4 weeks. What a fun day this is turning out to be. Lunch is pizza before enjoying a spa moment or two this afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

I just went out to check the driveway. It is still solid ice, and I have a half foot of frozen slush that the town pushed up against my driveway when they plowed the street. I was just reading Facebook, and saw where some were taking axes after the ice so they could get out. It is warm enough now for the melting stuff to work, so I sprinkled it on. Later, I'll go out and see if it has loosened up enough to shovel it off some. I couldn't get the snow shoveled off before the big freeze happened as it fell in late hours followed by light rain and then following temperatures to 15 below. This has been a record setting February for us.

Twinny--You are fortunate to have good outlets near you. We have an outlet about an hour away but it really isn't worth visiting unless you are into Fiesta, etc. It has a nice Dress Barn but the prices are the same as in the mall in the city and it has a gourmet supermarket.

Pinky--I would far rather go to work when the weather is good than to risk getting out on icy roads. We still have people who cannot get out of their driveways or the side roads. I also subscribe to the emails from BookBub which have the good deals to download.

Arlene--Hawaiian Host is having a 50% off sale. Sorry about the basement and all the water leaks. It just doesn't end.

Kathleen--Hopefully you can get the Shark vacuum soon. The RV does place restrictions on how much you can have. I have too much for this small house so it is a never ending challenge.

The UPS guy tried to go up the hill street (very steep) near me, and had to end up backing down that crooked hill because he couldn't make it. I know some said yesterday that they had backed out of their driveway but couldn't get back in so they had to leave the car elsewhere and walk. I will be so happy when summer and good temperatures get here. Out Winters have rarely been this bad until the past five years. If it snowed, it was gone the next day for the norm.