Contributor

I have given up watching QVC for the most part. I think their prices have exceeded the reasons I watched them for over 15 years. I took chances on items because they were so much more reasonable than out in the marketplace. But when you can't find an item under $30 on PM Style (or whatever it is called now) and Denim & Co shows....they have outrpriced my interest. And Project Runway by Dmitry Sholokhov, $46 for a skirt out of the gate. Sorry Q, only what I see on sale for me anymore.

Super Contributor

I doubt a person can find much in fashion at retail for under $30, other than for some sort of accessory.

Honored Contributor

There are a lot of fashions in retail for under $30.00, depending on what you are looking for. I swear some of the Denim & Co items are made in the same place as Kohl's Sonoma line because the items look identical and the Kohl's prices are 1/2 to 1/3 of what some D&C items are.

Some of my favorite t-shirts are the Croft & Barrow v-necks from Kohls and I pay $7.99 for them, at the most.

Honored Contributor

I also think their clothing prices are too high.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Super Contributor

Marshalls, Ross, Kohls and even Macy's have tons of clothing that is deeply discounted. Especially at the end of ever season. You can find quality items for under $40.00

Honored Contributor

Some folks can't get out and/or are too busy to drive to malls, shop from store to store, etc. It's a lot easier to see items on the models and order. And the price of gasoline is sometimes the same amount (as shipping charges)(and/or probably more) because of driving around from store to store, mall to mall. Not to mention the time in trying to match/coordinate items.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

It all comes down to, does one want to buy cheap, or does one want to buy quality.

Sure, one can find clothes in the dollar bin at the local Mart, but it won't be good quality.

If one wants good quality, one is going to pay more for that.

Trusted Contributor
On 2/23/2015 ROMARY 1 said:

Some folks can't get out and/or are too busy to drive to malls, shop from store to store, etc. It's a lot easier to see items on the models and order. And the price of gasoline is sometimes the same amount (as shipping charges)(and/or probably more) because of driving around from store to store, mall to mall. Not to mention the time in trying to match/coordinate items.

I see this comment every single bloomin' time somebody complains about QVC prices, in an effort to justify shopping from QVC.......and it makes my head want to explode! You're missing the point.

You can find the deeply discounted sale prices at department stores' and online sellers' websites! You don't have to drive or trek store to store to find deals. If you shop various stores and get on their email lists, you will even receive email notifications of sales and clearance events and sometimes additional special deals or coupons. I got great sale notices from Land's End and JC Penney just this morning. You can see pictures, check sizing and details, see what items and sizes are available, and order with a few quick mouse clicks. It is EASY to find great fashion items under $40 (sometimes WAY under!) if you are open to shopping around online! Many sellers offer free shipping, too. One of the beauties of ordering online from department and chain stores is that if necessary you can return items to your local store! No repacking, labeling, and paying for return shipping. Beautiful!

Super Contributor

I agree. I've been with QVC since the beginning and now do not watch the shows, but do peruse them online . For my life style now, I shop sportswear at Macy's, Kohls, Lord & Taylor etc. especially with their sales and coupons, and since I have many stores in NJ. I do buy some shoes on the Q because of the variety in colors etc. Also too busy to actually sit through a whole show. Time goes by.

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry you're done watching; hope you still come to the forums.