Super Contributor

Kelly Ripa's Dress This Morning

I'm watching Kelly & Michael's special Oscar show this morning. Kelly is wearing a strapless gown. The dress is pretty, but she has no bust and it makes her look flat as a pancake. A dress like this is meant for a woman with a fuller bust. It is so unflattering on her and accentuates her flat chest.

It's probably hard designing for that frame, but it's not a good look.

Respected Contributor

Re: Kelly Ripa's Dress This Morning

well you should go in and pass her some kleenex

Honored Contributor

Lol... it is THE fashion style out there. Every bride on earth, regardless of size gets a bustier dress (and I've seen some awful results)... every Prom participant wants a bustier dress. There's no telling them that they might be better off in something more flattering to their individual body type. Nope, it's the style and it hasn't changed in years....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I don't even know how to respond to a thread about Kelly's small chestedness.

Respected Contributor

here we go with the thin shaming again

Trusted Contributor

I always felt that she let herself get overly thin. I'm thin but I have a bust and hourglass shape. She has a body like an adolescent and I don't particularly find that attractive.

Trusted Contributor

Why is it so hard to believe that some people are just built small? Everyone used to tell me you will gain weight when you have kids, when you turn 30, when you turn 40, etc., and it never happened to me. Maybe it will happen someday but not every body is built the same. Do I have the same figure I had as when I was 25? No, but I still do not gain weight very easily. On the other hand, I don't think people think I am overly thin but I am definitely built smaller and weigh less than other women I know in my age group. And it is not because I do not eat or am an exercise fanatic.

Honored Contributor

I thought she looked fine. Her husband has stated publicly that he prefers women to be very thin. I guess he's OK with stress fractures. I love her sense of humor.
Honored Contributor

My youngest sister is built just like Kelly, after 3 children including a set of twins. She eats very good but she is built just like my late father and his brothers, all of whom were small, sometimes its not a matter of not eating or having an eating disorder as it is genetics. I on the other hand am built like my mom, while not big, I have to watch my weight and exercise.......My sister gets so sick of hearing people say you are so skinny-don't you eat? I don't know about Kelly or Guiliana, but it could be their metabolism!!!!

Contributor

I'm sorry, how does anyone know that she has an eating disorder? Interesting. I was actually watching the show this morning with my teenage daughter and we were commenting on how great we thought it was that Kelly apparently doesn't feel the need to do any enhancements which are so common in the spotlight. I think that says so much about her! Andi it is totally possible to have children, get older and actually be smaller as time goes on. I've had three kids, am over 40 and weigh less than when I got married. It's genetics and metabolism. Maybe she's exercising and eating right for her at this stage in her life. How and who are we to know? I think she looks great too Smiley Happy