Trusted Contributor

How do you wash your scarfs?

They all said hand wash, I don't hand wash anything, but I don't want to ruin them. I'm also afraid the colors will run. I'm thinking of using the delicate cycle and perhaps putting them in a mesh bag and hanging to dry. Any ideas? Thank you!
Honored Contributor

Re: How do you wash your scarfs?

That's what I'd do. I don't do hand wash either.
Honored Contributor

Same here!!

Super Contributor

Like all my other hand washables ...

Bathroom sink with a bit of shampoo, rinse and hang to dry. They dry in no time over a rack in the tub.

If necessary ... quick touchup with a iron.

Honored Contributor

I gently wash by hand, then carefully place on top of a towel on top of a wooden drying rack. No wrinkles, etc. I don't think that I'd machine wash because of possible wrinkles. But most of my scarves are probably non-machine washable fabrics.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Since my scarves are winter scarves I wear over my sweaters ( I have many), I can't even remember the last time I washed one. I would wash it if I spilled something on it but otherwise, no.

Respected Contributor

I wash them in a lingerie bag with Woolite on the gentle cycle. Then I drape them over a hanger until they are almost dry. I then put them in the dryer for a few minutes to finish drying.

Honored Contributor

On 2/22/2015 lizzief said: They all said hand wash, I don't hand wash anything, but I don't want to ruin them. I'm also afraid the colors will run. I'm thinking of using the delicate cycle and perhaps putting them in a mesh bag and hanging to dry. Any ideas? Thank you!

It always depends on the fabric, naturally ..... if your scarves are silk, take them to the dry cleaner.

If your scarves are a knit, used for warmth, cold water. short delicate cycle and Woolite. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

I don't. I'm afraid to ruin them. If one got dropped in mud or something, I would just fill the sink with cold water and a little bit of Liquid Dove and swish it around, then rinse it again in cold water and hang it over a hanger. However, since that hasn't happened, I would say I leave them alone.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I don't wash anything in the sink. I would use the gentle cycle in the machine. If it was silk or wool, I would probably dry clean them. I hardly need to wash scarves though