Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Woke up to minus 16 today, we are now up to one degree, we are having a heatwave. Not much going on here today, got the grocery shopping done and am working on the laundry. I will try to do a little cleaning and decluttering in my spare bedroom (a k --- Junk Room). Not planning on any outdoor activities, I have to admit the sun is out and it does make it look much nicer out.

Kathleen - Hope your DD is having a good time in NY, it is an amazing city to see.

Jean - Glad you got your appts. on the same day, it saves so much time.

LindaR - Glad you found your friend last night and she was okay.

LindaL - Hope DH's eye drops go well, I don't like putting them in myself.

Well not much more to "talk" about, I do need to get busy on the junk room. What is everyone up to today? Have a good day everyone.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Friday

Trusted Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Well I just lost 2 posts in a row......hope everybody is having a good day...keep warm! Marijane
Respected Contributor

Susan, my oldest moved back home and cleaned out (her) my junk room! lol Now it is all stacked in the corner of Stevie's room. I will have to get rid of some things as I am home and able. Stevie is having a wonderful time in NYC. She said yesterday that she was sad she didn't get to go up in the Empire State Bldg because her friend is scared of heights. This morning as I was leaving for work she texted me that her bestie is still sleeping so she jumped up and headed out. She posted pics from the top after I got back to work - beautiful! It sounds like she is having a wonderful time. They are supposed to come home very late tonight.

Poor Marijane, I hate it when those empty boxes post. How on earth can it do that? I don't understand.

After work today DH and I will head South to country home. I plan on stopping on the way and buying some finger foods for our little party. Hopefully girls left the house kind of clean. Puppy will sure be happy to be home.

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone, I hope you're all doing well. PALady, I think you were the one who lost a pet a while back, if I'm not mistaken, and I never had to chance to say how sorry I am. (((HUGS))). We love our pets and we miss them when they're gone.

I've got 2 busy-work projects under way right now. After my mother-in-law died a couple of months ago, I borrowed a couple of photo albums with old family pictures in them. I procrastinated, but finally last week I started scanning the photos. I will have the photos on my computer, plus I will put them on CDs for any family member who would like a copy. Then I need to be returning the originals to my sister-in-law. I don't mind the project, but it's time consuming to scan, crop, and adjust each photo for quality, and then they need to be labeled. As is usually the case with most families, some of the photos are well labeled and some aren't. It can be difficult to figure out who's who!

My other project is a comforter I'm sewing for my daughter's bed. I started off with one idea in mind, but it wasn't going well, so that project languished since before Christmas. I dug it out last week and have renewed the project but I'm doing a different style that's simple and working out well. It'll take a month or two to finish it. I love the colors of blue, green, and purple. Hope it turns out well.

~ Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. Our official low here in town was a minus 17 so we are very close. Some out in the real boonies had a minus 20. Yes, we are also gearing up for the next onslaught of snow, ice, and then rain...a real mess. Other than going out and cleaning the walks, I haven't been out of the house since Monday when I made a fiften minute run to town to get my prescriptions. I didn't even change out of my lounging clothes as the coat covered all.

Kathleen--It has been years since I've been to NYC and that was for a professional meeting in which expenses were paid except for extravagant eating. We indulged in the Russian Tea Room which was a real treat. We just had the evenings and one day to see the sights. I had family that lived near there in Jersey but they rarely went to NYC.

Marijane--I have no idea what is happening to the posts. Invisible writing as in white on white with the font set to white for contrast on dark background?

I guess I need to go and fix some lunch. I stayed up last night as I was concerned about the water freezing, etc. so I am tired. I'm fortunate as many have frozen water, have lost heat, and also have lost their cell service from Verizon. All I know is that I'm tired of weather advisories and temperatures 45 degrees below normal. In our capitol city area, it was colder than at the South Pole. There is something wrong with that picture.

ETA: I had no more than submitted my post when I got a telephone call from Emergency Services with a weather advisory, followed by one on my cell and one via text. All bases are covered. Heavy wet snow which can result in power outages so we are to be prepared. Oh well, ten years ago an ice storm hit our state with power taken out nearly statewide. I went a week in February before power in my area was restored because of the demands statewide. I haven't forgotten that.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Charlene--I think your post reminded me that I plan to go through old pictures, scan them and save them for copying via flash drive to give to relatives. It is an overwhelming project. Your comforter sounds nice.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

OK....one more try....it's a sunny day here but bitter cold out....your DD is brave to stand out on the deck of the Empire State taking pictures with that wind whipping around Kathleen. Glad she is having such a good time. I think it was Pinky who said they are young and don't feel the cold......I was young...once.....and still felt it...I think I was meant to live in the tropics with blue water all around me...LOL.

That must have been quite a scare for your friend LindaR to not see her friend in Church after she dropped her off....glad things turned out ok.

Hope your infusion is going well Twinny and you are good to go for your vacation next month. How did your mom's eye apt go yesterday? Hope she has improved somewhat.

Not much going on here I was going to go out his morning but it still is brutal out so I doubt it...will run out in the morning as we are expecting snow tomorrow afternoon.

Jean I don't think the Russian tea room is still open....I think it had closed, then new owners bought it but couldn't make a go of it. I have seen pictures of it in their heyday..and elegant place for sure.

Stay warm everyone... ( I hope this posts!) Marijane

Respected Contributor

Charlene, how are you doing the comforter? I want to do one out of DD's tshirts one of these days. My Mom has been working on old pictures. She has a lot that no one knows who is in them. I told her throw them all away. She has scanned and sent a lot to relatives. I have a photo mess on my hands, started filing and sorting years ago then quit. So it's not totally awful.