Trusted Contributor

Marc Fisher has Beautiful Handbags but...

They're too small for me! I need something at least 13" to 14" wide darn it. I'm sure some gals are pleased with the smaller size. What do you think?
Honored Contributor

Re: Marc Fisher has Beautiful Handbags but...

I just got a new Vera Bradley for summer in the cobalt blue. All I carry. I won't go over 100 for purses. His stuff looks like old time quality, but, I don't need anything that grand. Vera's have all kinds of room and organization that I like. She has solids , now, not just those wild prints.

Trusted Contributor

I have too many handbags. I recently bought one GILI that was a TSV about 5-6 mos ago, a little too big. I'm on a Oryany kick right now, love their bags, have about 3 of them. Vera has beautiful bags too. I think the reason I haven't bought any was because of the wild prints clashing with my clothes.
Honored Contributor

I found a Calvin Klein handbag at Macy's that I absolutely loved from the outside. It was what I thought would be the perfect summer bag. Then I picked it up and opened it and the inside was all wrong. It had a zipper pocket through the center of the bag. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I can't get this bag out of my head but I know I won't be happy with the set-up. After I saw it at Macy's last Friday, I came home and found it on-line at Macy's and it was an extra 20% off with a coupon code and free s/h and I almost succumbed but let it go. Sigh.

Honored Contributor

Now retired, I think I can carry a smaller bag for "out-to-dinner" outings. Then, I will return to my usual size bag (larger) for long trips/etc.

I like Vera prints because, in general, I don't enjoy wearing print tops and bottoms. So, since I'm going solids anyway, I'm good with prints. An indulgence of retirement for me is having time to consider which bag to take per occasion. I have never been a "change-out" purse girl... but now there is time to make changes. That is nice!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I will be surprised if MF flies on the Q, I think the bags are good quality, but the styles are not every day enough and the prices are high. The shoes do not look like they have much support, which equals to uncomfortable.

Contributor

I'm a Kestenberg gal, bags are beautiful and priced really well. Also, lightweight!!

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/20/2015 LipstickDiva said:

I found a Calvin Klein handbag at Macy's that I absolutely loved from the outside. It was what I thought would be the perfect summer bag. Then I picked it up and opened it and the inside was all wrong. It had a zipper pocket through the center of the bag. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I can't get this bag out of my head but I know I won't be happy with the set-up. After I saw it at Macy's last Friday, I came home and found it on-line at Macy's and it was an extra 20% off with a coupon code and free s/h and I almost succumbed but let it go. Sigh.

Oh my gosh, I can't stand a bag with that zipper pocket in the middle and it seems they are almost all that way lately.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

LipstickDiva... can you take it home, consider the size in the proportions of your own home, and then return it if your decision is no? Usually, if I THINK I might not like a feature, I usually end up not liking it or being able to use the feature successfully.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

On 2/20/2015 betteb said:
On 2/20/2015 LipstickDiva said:

Oh my gosh, I can't stand a bag with that zipper pocket in the middle and it seems they are almost all that way lately.

I am with both of you. The zipper pocket in the middle is a deal breaker for me. I use a purse organizer because I change bags often. I have two bags with that center pocket and I should donate them because I never use them.