Honored Contributor

Been thinking of a light jacket for July and saw one on Susan Graver. However, first I think I need to put like color clothes together in my closet. I kept thinking except for white or black I have so many mixed colors of clothes, how do I pick one that will go with most of them? So back to the closet today.

How do some of you handle that problem? I did like her multi colored lightweight vest. Those color combo's were beautiful.

Honored Contributor

Are you talking about an outerwear piece, or a layering piece the weight of a cardigan?

Honored Contributor

Here is one from D & Co-

LCNY-

Luxe by Rachel Zoe-

Joan Rivers-

Respected Contributor

I find that a beige short-sleeved jacket works with almost everything. (I bought one from the Vermont Country Store a few years ago. I also own the same jacket in black, in navy, and in white.)

(I just checked the Vermont site--the jacket's also available in turquoise. So I must get that as well!)

Honored Contributor

Wow, thank you ladies! Yes, just what I was thinking on.

Honored Contributor
On 2/20/2015 lolakimono said:

Are you talking about an outerwear piece, or a layering piece the weight of a cardigan?

outer, you know for just the coolness you can feel early morn or later eve by the lake.

Honored Contributor
On 2/20/2015 insomniac said:

I find that a beige short-sleeved jacket works with almost everything. (I bought one from the Vermont Country Store a few years ago. I also own the same jacket in black, in navy, and in white.)

(I just checked the Vermont site--the jacket's also available in turquoise. So I must get that as well!)

I will check that site, thanks insomniac!

Respected Contributor

I have yellow and pink cardigans that work with my pants which are blue, black and gray. I don't think I have ever worn one in July, it is too hot here. If I go somewhere very cold in summer I would wear one of the cardigan instead of buying something.

Respected Contributor

I like the D&Co one somewhat. Don't need a jacket too much here, so it's nice to have a very light one to look a little more dressed but not get too hot. I even like the white.

PS The Susan Graver jacket was nice. Not sure about the sleeves with the slit. Usually those stand collars poke me in the neck, but that one looked like it wouldn't do that.

Honored Contributor

Getting jackets in the right proportion/fit/comfort is a rare treat for me! The one that worked when we visited Pittsburgh is an Isaac French Terry anorak... so crazy good!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~