Valued Contributor

Has QVC ever called you to inquire about a return?

During the Liz show this morning, Mary Beth was going over the laundering instructions for an item -- stressing that it should be dried at the lowest setting. She said many people are returning items because they shrunk, but they need to be dried on low. She then went on to say something like "when we call and ask, people are saying that they dried the garment on high heat". Anyway, I was just a little shocked that they actually call to inquire. What happened to "no questions asked"? Have you ever been called?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Has QVC ever called you to inquire about a return?

Perhaps the call back is considered a ""survey"" and they tell customers that it's just to improve the product? It does sound odd. It also sounds odd that anyone would dry clothing on high heat.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

I've never been called. Perhaps they just want to know what the reason for the return is.

I don't dry clothes on high heat either. I tumble for a few minutes and then hang to dry.

Honored Contributor

I've never received a call like that but it's possible that when they receive a high volume of returns on a particular item, they do a survey.

Respected Contributor

I am sure she is full of it..and just another line they use..

Honored Contributor

I've never been called but then I've never returned an LC item.

I wonder if they've been getting a lot of returns on LC items with the reason being the item shrank? Or maybe they've read the reviews and shrinkage is a common complaint? Maybe they want to look into this further to see if they can rectify the situation so they are calling people?

I've had things shrink when they are washed and hung to dry. It's not all about high heat or any heat for that matter.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a LC fan, but I've never been called about a return, I make it very clear why I am returning an item.

Regular Contributor

I only returned a few thing, but one time I was called about a negative review. I explained everything about why I gave that review. There is anything else to tell... I never heard anything again.

Valued Contributor

No, never!
Honored Contributor

No. If they did, I would be very suspicious and probably would not share any/much info. I'd be glad to call them at Q's number but that'd be it.