Honored Contributor

"You'll feel like you're wearing your pajamas, but you're work appropriate." Really?

I heard SG say this today, as she has many times. Is it really true?

In my opinion, if you feel like you're wearing your pajamas, you might want to rethink that outfit... or go to bed.

Here's the top she was referring to this morning.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Re: "You'll feel like you're wearing your pajamas, but you're work appropriate." Really?

The top looks totally work appropriate to me. Why shouldn't work appropriate clothing feel comfy and soft?

Contributor

Re: "You'll feel like you're wearing your pajamas, but you're work appropriate." Really?

That is my goal in life: to wear as close to my pjs as I can in everyday life. I work at a medical center and I'm the boss of my section. I try to look as professional as possible (for me that equals jacket or cardigan) but comfy. The days of the structured suit and 3 inch heels are over for me.

Respected Contributor

I would say that it depends on where you work and the type of work you do. I work in a professional office (law firm), and I may or may not wear the top shown to work. However, I'm not an attorney who sees clients. I don't see our female attorneys wearing liquid knit polyester tunics to client meetings. But I do wear them from time to time (I'm a legal secretary). When SG's peachskin fabric was popular I wore it to work a lot. It felt like silk, draped very comfortably and I often felt as comfortable as if I were wearing my pjs, yet people considered me one of the best-dressed in the office.

Honored Contributor

On 2/18/2015 Buck-i-Nana said:

The top looks totally work appropriate to me. Why shouldn't work appropriate clothing feel comfy and soft?

I agree with this. I am lucky enough to work in an office where we range from business casual to more casual. (I work in manufacturing and the people in the factory where shorts and t-shirts many days.) I usually wear jeans or pants and a sweater or a shirts similar to the one shown. On the occasional Friday, I might wear a t-shirt. Since I'm in Austin Texas and it's very hot in the summer, business casual to casual is common here.

Honored Contributor

On 2/18/2015 Buck-i-Nana said:

Exactly

Trusted Contributor

If it is made by SG , it is appropriate wear to visit the "Queen." {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

That would look fine at work, but I'm not sure it's worth $45.

Honored Contributor

I owned a top very, very similar to the one posted here except it was a square neck and short sleeves. It was a TSV years ago and I snagged my top on e-bay for under $15.00.

Last year I had to toss it because I wore it to death. LOL It was very, very comfortable and when it was crazy hot and humid out, it was a top I reached for a lot because it felt cool against my skin and it was loose and flowy.

Honored Contributor

I like the top except for the excessive amount of jewelry at the neckline. Do you worry about the sequins falling off in the wash?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼