Trusted Contributor

A thought occurred to me, but have not yet called Customer Service. I sometimes return fashion items with more than one item in separate orders returned in the same package. I believe the Q is not crazy about this practice. However, just wondering if they will charge a return S&H fee of $6.95 now for each item in the same bag or box, based on their new policy.

Will be interesting to see what happens if I have any returns. Any thoughts?

Honored Contributor

So far, I have returned items from at least 2 different orders back in one bag. I write on the outside: two orders inside and list those order numbers on the outside to get their attention. I've had no problems with the returns being handled and my original S&H has been returned back to me.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

I have never had big issues with combining order returns. However, on the past was charged only one return S&H fee for multiple items in one bag. With the new policy in place, just wondering if this will also change and they will charge return fees on each item. Reason this occurred to me is that they no longer give reduced S&H when two or more items are ordered in the same order.

Hope I am wrong in my guess about this, but just not sure what will happen.

Esteemed Contributor
Trusted Contributor
What I don't understand is that I ordered a shirt this week and the shipping was $3.00, however if I decide to return it the return shipping is still $6.95.
Trusted Contributor

Nutmeg3 thanks for the link. However, it does not address my particular question.

I sometimes return more than three orders in one bag, rather than 3 separate bags, and am charged only $6.95 for return of all fashion items. I am wondering if I will be charged $6.95 return fee on each item in the bag, i.e., $20.85. That is my question.

Thanks anyhow.

Esteemed Contributor

If the Q has overcharged S&H previously and now can do it for $3., then they should be able to charge $3. for returns. The Return fee looks like a penalty for returns. You will always pay $3. extra to return something. And if you return for an exchange b/c of inconsistent sizing at the Q, you will pay $l3. for your merchandise. Add that on the price of merchandise ordered plus tax.

Honored Contributor

I have always returned multiple orders in one bag but have never used the Q return label. I always pay my own freight back. I can't really address that issue...it is of BIG concern though, isn't it?

Since starting with orders placed tomorrow...we will NO longer receive our original shipping back...you will lose a minimum of $3 per item. And then must pay for the return shipping as well....however much that may now be considering the new policy.

Today is my last day of trying new products.

Regular Contributor

I don't like the new rates at all. I too will not try any new products since each return will cost me at least $9.95 ($3 original S&H plus $6.95 return label). High price to pay and nothing to show for it. I'm disappointed in the Q. The other sad thought is that people may begin to declare item being returned because of ""defect"" if you know where I'm going with this.

Trusted Contributor

I can't imagine that they would charge you for each item if you use your own return method instead of their label. Of course they will now ding you for the original $3.