Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, 2/7)

Good morning, shopping friends. I know it is "accessory day," but so far I'm not tempted. I do like A266047 but I don't like the price; the appearance is what is appealing as well as its design.

I am definitely in a mode where I can window shop without much danger of buying. I can wait until Spring if it ever gets here. I am so tired of winter and the seasonal affective disorder thing is kicking in big time.

I don't have much planned for today except finishing a novel and then do some 15 minute segments at a time of tackling the house. I had planned to go to the city today but I think I will wait until tomorrow as there is nothing but gardening tomorrow. I have no need to shop so it will be just a run to get my nails done. If not tomorrow, they will have to wait until the 16th when I'll be back in the city for two doctor/lab test appointments.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, 2/7)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today, like you I am not is a shopping mood at all. Have fun tomorrow in the city. I need to get some stuff done around here today, I need to find some inspiration.

I wanted to thank all of you for your kind words when my furbaby passed over the Rainbow Bridge. It has been very different around here this week. You don't realize how much of your daily routine is put around your pet.

Arlene - Yes, we will eventually get a another dog, we have a couple vacations planned and the maybe in the fall we will look to get one. Yes, you never replace a pet, you just find another to love.

Well, I better get moving, have a good day everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I hope you have a good day tomorrow in the city. I kind of like to window shop in our downtown. It is always so pretty but the clothing stores are expensive IMHO. We get a lot of tourists from our neighboring state of IL. Sales tax is cheaper here. I think I mentioned that my DH got new hearing aids at the end of December. His insurance did pay for them 100%. My question now is when you got yours at Costco, how many times did you have to go there? Today my MIL called & told my DH that she got new hearing aids for 1/4 of the regular price. Of course he didn't ask her where she purchased them from. We will be seeing her on Thursday & she wants to talk about them.

Susan, I am sure that it is very different without your fur pet. Where will you be going on vacation & when?

DH is soon going to the Shriner's pancake breakfast--for lunch. I am going to Chopsticks with friends when he returns. We will both be downtown & only a block from each other. Us gals talk too much or we would go at the same time. It was cloudy this morning & the trees were beautiful with that white frosty look. Now it is sunny & will be in the upper 30's today & tomorrow. After last Sunday's snow storm, the weather has been nice.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--If we consider a pet a member of the family, we miss them so much when they are gone. Grieving takes place and there is no set time line on that.

Like you, I'm trying to find inspiration to get something done. The plans to go to the city are now set for tomorrow.

Twinny--Enjoy the outing with the gals and talk that only females can appreciate. When I got the hearing aids at Costco, the exam was as professional as the other places I had checked. I had to return once for a check up to see that all was working as planned. Since it is 3 hours away, I wouldn't have gotten them there except for the huge savings as insurance does not cover them. Costco has a contract with a name company in which they sell the same hearing aid but under the Costco name. They also sell other lines and what they suggest is based upon type of hearing problem. The Costco-branded one saved me almost $3,000 over the brand name.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning! Thanks for getting us started Jean. Sorry your weather isn't nice, and you will be able to go into town tomorrow. I am working on "window shopping" without buying -- doing pretty well, but not as well as you for sure. I still can get hung up on some things -- like the RR cookware. I don't need any pots and pans for sure, but I was thinking about the B&B casserole. I believe you have some of the B&B items and enjoy them. And, they sell some items at Wal-Mart at a reasonable price. The question from Linda to Linda is why would you want to buy something you don't need? I have a couple of nice casseroles, so this addition (no matter how great a bargain) would be extra.

Hope you get some things done around the house today Susan -- me as well. I have decided to pick basil leaves and make some pesto. And, I have a plant or two to transplant. In contrast to most places, our weather is beautiful. Wish you could have this weather, Jean. It should get up to the 80's today, and sunny.

I know it is very difficult when you lose a furbaby Susan, and I think you are wise to take some time before finding a new dog to love.

Hi twinny -- hope you have a nice lunch today. Interesting about the hearing aids. I am pretty sure they are in my future, but not so far. I need to schedule an appointment with my ear doctor, and have another hearing test. But, I am holding off on doing so since I seem to be at the doctor (or DH's doctor) all the time these days.

DD went to the doctor to have her ankle checked yesterday, and she is okay now -- I know she will be happy to get back to the gym. This is my gym-free day (I usually go to the fitness center or Curves six days a week), but DH and I wil be taking a walk later.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, Rosa, Marijane, LindaR, Karen, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Susan: Yes, my pets are definitely members of the family. The others grieve when we lose one also!.

It is cool and breezy today. Need to get some things accomplished. Hugs to all.

Trusted Contributor

Twiiny - We will be heading out West in the spring, it is a trip thru AAA. It is a week long, I also would like to get out to Gettysburg again late this spring. Not sure where else we will go, I don't think we will be heading to Europe this year.

LinadL - Glad to hear DD's ankle is doing better, I am SO jealous of your weather, we are having a warmer day hear, but I want your weather. Okay, I am done whining now.

Off to get some caffeine and get moving. Have a good day.

Trusted Contributor

good afternoon ladies...snowing a little here...tomorrow. night into Monday we are supposed to get a bigger storm but now they are saying more ice than snow. Just that our electric stays on is what matters to me.

Susan our pets are family members a n d it's so heartbreaking to lose them...I still miss my Genny even though she crossed the bridge four years ago.

Twinny hope you are having a good lunch out with your friends. We have two cars and sometimes mine just sits for days but I think I'd miss it if we went down to only one.

Jean I hope you have good weather tomorrow so you can get out to th city. I think the older I get the winter seems longer to me and the summers much shorter.....LOL.I do like to garden but right now looking out at the piles of snow stacked the shows that will be on tomorrow won't tempt me. I haven't check the q today to see what they are selling.

Not much going on here, I am making cupcakes.....from a box Arlene including the icing LOL, one of my kids came up last night and will go back early tomorrow to beat the storm. Haven't made any in ages......baking is not my thing! Have a nice day everyone......Marijane.

Valued Contributor

Jean, I'm glad you're able to reschedule your trip for tomorrow. It won't be a traveling weekend here, as they're predicting another snowstorm for tomorrow. Four Sundays in a row. Not that anyone's counting... I was in town a little while this morning, and you can just feel it in the air. I went shopping yesterday for slacks or jeans, but no luck. There's just a small Penney's not far from where my doctors office is, so I gave it a shot. I have to pick up one script there, as they changed the classification.

I did buy an inexpensive cell phone, as my battery isn't holding a charge for too long. It's just a small TracFone, the flip style, and I took time to get it set this morning. I found I can order a battery for my original phone, also a TracFone with the flip style, and will do that online. I love this type of phone as it fits easily into this smaller wallet(?) I use where I go. I don't know that it's considered a wallet, but holds cards, cash, change, and my phone in a very neat little package. Easy to slip in my coat pocket if I don't want to carry a handbag.

Susan, Hope you'll feel better every day. If you get some things done, that's great, but don't push yourself too hard yet.

LindaL, I think after a certain amount of cookware is in the house, much more really is just bought for the design or pattern, and less for need. I use all that I have, but do not need or want anymore. It's a different amount for everyone that feels right, that's for sure. I hope you enjoy it if you decide to buy it. I'm glad DD's doing well now.

LindaR, I can't imagine any of our kitty family not being here. I can't imagine what it would be like for them to lose one of their buddies, as there's no way to explain to them what's happened. I try to not think about it, as the oldest will be 11 this year, and I hope can be with us a long time. Our last cat lived for 19 years, but was the only one we had at the time.

Twinny, Our down town consists of only a few blocks. Most everything we need is there, just no clothing, or large stores in the area. Being a rural area, we travel 40 minutes to an hour to do shopping in bigger stores. Hope you have a fun time with your friends! pinky

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--You mentioned the RR cookware. I have a couple of items I bought at WalMart, and it works well. I have no need to buy a big set of cookware although the TSV looked nice when offered. I like to buy just what I need.

Marijane--I haven't baked anything in months. I remember the winter when that big snowstorm hit the east coast and closed down nearly everything, that I spent the time making cookies from those slice and bake packages. That was the last time I made cookies. I made one of those dump cakes this past year, and that is it. It is so much easier to buy baked goods. Actually, healthwise, it is better for me to have a dessert when I eat out. If I make it at home, I can't have just one serving.

Pinky--I have a TracFone which is about 3 years old. It is an LG800g and looks like a smart phone just to glance at it but isn't despite limited internet access. It does what I want it to do and it has the triple minutes connected to it so that whatever minutes are bought are tripled. I just buy a battery once a year for replacement and it still keeps humming along. I actually have better service on it than a neighbor's contract phone. I think it has to do with the quality of the phone. Previous to the LG, I had a Nokia TracFone and it did not work as well as this one.

I really think I wasn't feeling well today. I went to bed to read but awakened with Kindle in hand and cat curled up beside me. I seem to be running a higher temperature than my normal.

I'm off to see the review to see if I missed some "outstanding" item.