Contributor

an appropriate top for 50th anniversary

I know there are so many of you out there that could probably help me with this dilemma. My husband and I are celebrating our 50th anniversary at the end of August in a small little rustic restaurant, which is not going to be a fancy affair. I feel terrible in a dress so I thought maybe I could get a flow y type of blouse with tiny sleeves to go along with a white skirt or white pants. I want to be comfortable but not too over heated. Would appreciate any of your feedback.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: an appropriate top for 50th anniversary

Congratulations to you and your DH on such a wonderful milestone. Your idea sounds great as well as comfortable too. Just have fun & enjoy yourselves. DH & I will be celebrating our 45th anniversary next month.
Honored Contributor

If you are comfortable in slacks wear those. It doesn't matter these days. As for the top: No sparkles just something pretty but not over the top.

Respected Contributor

Not being flip when I say it is your night...you can wear anything thAt mAkes you feel beautiful. I think pants and a flowy top sounds pretty. I would keep the bottom Slim if the top is full. Its fun to dress for an occasion! It is a wonderful milestone. Congratulations and best wishes for the next 50.
Honored Contributor

Something like these?

(the back of the black one is a floral print)

Honored Contributor

Contributor

lolakimono thank you so much for showing me some of the tops. Where are they sold? Love a couple of them. Thanks

Honored Contributor

On 2/6/2015 liney215 said:

lolakimono thank you so much for showing me some of the tops. Where are they sold? Love a couple of them. Thanks

They are all from Nordstrom. If you are using Chrome, you can right click the picture and ask Google Chrome to search for the image. Or, just tell me which one(s) you want more information about and I'll check back in. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Contributor

I was able to go on that site that you recommended and also looked at some other options. Even took a look at some dresses even though I thought I didn't want a dress I may change my mind. Thanks for your suggestions

Honored Contributor

Any of those would look nice with a white skirt. I think I liked the third one down the best because it isn't quite as casual for such a special occasion.