Super Contributor

What happened to Bradley Bayou?

I miss Bradley's shows. He had some really special pieces. I wonder why he left. Does anyone know?

Super Contributor

Re: What happened to Bradley Bayou?

Oh you mean Mr Tight pants?

Valued Contributor

That's the way shopping channels work. Some one is there for a while and then they are gone. Kardashians, Carson Kressley, Star Jones, etc.

Super Contributor

His things were getting too expensive, me thinks. I have several of his suede and leather designs that I still wear with pleasure. Nothing in the QVC inventory comes close to Bradley's quality. Guess he didn't want to lower his standards so he left either on his own or by mutual consent.
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/6/2015 3star said: His things were getting too expensive, me thinks. I have several of his suede and leather designs that I still wear with pleasure. Nothing in the QVC inventory comes close to Bradley's quality. Guess he didn't want to lower his standards so he left either on his own or by mutual consent.

This is exactly what happened. When he couldn't bring his line in at the price point the Q required he tried to expand the line to other types of clothing, but was not successful.

He is no longer doing fashion; he now does real estate in LA.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

I'll echo what 3star said. Bradley probably would not budge on doing real leather as opposed to faux. Sure, QVC still offers a few real leather items occasionally, but there are no fashion collections based on it. Dennis Basso is a good example. His line used to be primarily faux furs accompanied by leather and suede outerwear, with some raincoats in spring. These days Dennis rarely offers faux furs. He still brings in at least one or two genuine suede coats (or jackets) in fall, but overall the collection has been reduced to water repellent and faux leather jackets.

Valued Contributor

I have a Bradley suede 3/4 coat in purple, it is sooo.... lovely and I am so happy I own it. Looks great and is very warm. It also has a hood, has BRADLEY in the back on the inside. Love it!
Respected Contributor

On 2/6/2015 gardensla said:
On 2/6/2015 3star said: His things were getting too expensive, me thinks. I have several of his suede and leather designs that I still wear with pleasure. Nothing in the QVC inventory comes close to Bradley's quality. Guess he didn't want to lower his standards so he left either on his own or by mutual consent.

This is exactly what happened. When he couldn't bring his line in at the price point the Q required he tried to expand the line to other types of clothing, but was not successful.

He is no longer doing fashion; he now does real estate in LA.

I believe that is Bruce Makowsky. He's married to Kathy va Zeeland. Bradley is still designing.
Esteemed Contributor

I still have jeans by Carson K, I love. A BEAUTIFUL leather jacket by BB and two real leather coats by Dennis plus one of his water repellent coats.
Super Contributor

I think they replaced his leather jackets with GILI...