Super Contributor

indoors of course. I live in the North East and it is freezing and tons of snow. Invited to a luau this Friday night and curious as to what I should wear?? Any suggestions would be most appreciated. TIA beanie

Contributor

Something summery and flowy! Just think what you would wear if you were in Hawaii!

Valued Contributor
Dress like it's summer but wear a coat of course till you get inside. Do you have any bright floral prints? A flower you can wear on one side tucked behind the ear? Any leis of course world work or shell jewelry. Fun idea!!!! I could use a luau about now! Smiley Wink
Super Contributor

A pair of white capris, flowered shirt or a bright shirt and flowers in your hair.

Honored Contributor

Hula skirt, bikini top, no shoes and I hope you get leid.

Super Contributor

Hahahahaha...awesome ideas. I'll wear something fun and def put flowers in my hair. Love it!

Respected Contributor

Sundress and a lei, sandals, hibiscus (Hawaii's official flower) in your hair. Seriously, no bare feet, wear sandals. If you don't have a sundress, then shorts and a floral shirt with a lei. (You might haunt a thrift shop for the shirt if you have time.) Cute idea for a party.

Valued Contributor
Sounds like so much fun! Wearing summer, luau type clothes would be appropriate, but hope their house is really warm. I freeze in the winter, always wear very warm clothes. Thinking about a luau makes me feel warmer, enjoy!
Honored Contributor

Bright and tropical colors, or something in a serene blue to mimic the ocean.

And yes flowers in your hair are a great idea

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor
I'll never forget when my MOTHER returned from a trip to Honolulu and bought me a tee shirt which said "I got Leid Hawaiian style" ... I never wore it, but loved the humor ... and my Mom!!