Respected Contributor

Does QVC Sell An Item for Pilling?

I have some sweaters and pants that are pilling. I think QVC sells an item to shave off the pills on fabrics. Does anyone know what it is? TIA

Super Contributor

Re: Does QVC Sell An Item for Pilling?

Yes. V33093. It is not bad for the price.

Respected Contributor

Thanks, Crisso!! I appreciate your taking the time and trouble to let me know!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

amazon sells a pumice stone for pilling.

Honored Contributor

Go to someplace like Walmart, Target. Everyplace sells it. The best thing to use is called either a Fabric shaver or clothes shaver. They even sell them at grocery stores where they have the section called "As seen on TV".

Most of the prices are close to around $20 and worth every penny. Much easier on clothes than those one's you scrape off.

Respected Contributor

Thanks so much, guys!!!! Smile

Honored Contributor

It is called The Gleaner, I got one on ebay. It is just OK, be careful, it can fall apart very quickly if overused.

Super Contributor

I bought the Gleener from QVC (V33093 the one mentioned in this thread) and just sent it back. It was complete junk and actually ruined a sweater of mine and also my couch! Not happy at all. The battery operated ones that actually shave the pillings off instead of scraping it off like the Gleener does, are much more safe & effective.

The Gleener is also VERY messy. The battery operated ones collect all the pillings inside of a container whereas the Gleener you have to clean up the mess by hand!

Don't be fooled with all of Q's hype on this product.

Honored Contributor

I have the shaver and the pumice stone which I much prefer. it does not eat up the yarn from my fabric.