Frequent Contributor

Interesting, s&h down, but prices up...

I was happy about the new s&h prices until I noticed today the items I had been looking at this week went up overnight. Three d&c items went up, including the featured prices and the qvc price. Now I am not happy. There went the supposed savings Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

Re: Interesting, s&h down, but prices up...

That is precisely what I thought would happen when they reduced the shipping. I figured they would "hide" the rest of the shipping by raising the item price. Very predictable QVC! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

ETA that I thought I would go over to my wish list to test this theory. I was just on there the other day thinning it out, so I know the higher prices are recent.

Here is how I use the wish list (and why I have proof of a new higher price). When I put something in my wish list, in the comments section I enter the date, the purchase price and the S&H. Now looking through, the current price (in big red font) in most cases is higher and in some cases way higher. Proof is in the pudding!

Respected Contributor

It's amusing and puzzling that many don't care about the price, as long as s/h is low.
Respected Contributor

So, lower shipping charges, higher prices, and slower delivery. Sounds great doesn't it?
Honored Contributor

On 2/4/2015 Gloria said:

That is precisely what I thought would happen when they reduced the shipping. I figured they would "hide" the rest of the shipping by raising the item price. Very predictable QVC! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

ETA that I thought I would go over to my wish list to test this theory. I was just on there the other day thinning it out, so I know the higher prices are recent.

Here is how I use the wish list (and why I have proof of a new higher price). When I put something in my wish list, in the comments section I enter the date, the purchase price and the S&H. Now looking through, the current price (in big red font) in most cases is higher and in some cases way higher. Proof is in the pudding!

That's a good idea about the comments section.

Honored Contributor

Honestly, and this is NOT meant as a snipe, what did people expect would happen?

They're not going to take a loss and their loose standards make it impossible to give more to the customer because there are so many customers they allow to circumvent the rules. They have rules, like the 30 day return rule, but they let people return beyond that. They do the same stuff with other rules. Despite what some might think, these rules are NOT made to be broken. Every time they break the rules costs have to go up for everybody else.

Honored Contributor

On 2/4/2015 nomless said: It's amusing and puzzling that many don't care about the price, as long as s/h is low.

I think a lot of people are just going to look at the shipping and get all excited.

Admittedly, I was at first. Then I realized that they increased prices. Now I'm disgusted.

Respected Contributor

I'm neither disgusted or jumping for joy over the new shipping policy. Like any company they have to make a profit one way or another.
Frequent Contributor

Sorry, but I do not appreciated the fact that I thought I was getting a better deal...

Contributor

They must think we are dumb or that we can't figure out that they raised the prices, lowered the shipping. We get it.