Trusted Contributor

Interesting price increase on Quacker Factory top

I was viewing some Quacker Factory tops online and discovered that while viewing the video for item A231179 the host comments at the beginning that the top is $38.76, however it states the price as being $46.50. Quite a large price increase, so I decided I won't be buying.
Honored Contributor

Re: Interesting price increase on Quacker Factory top

Let me guess - they lowered the shipping to $3. LOL

Trusted Contributor

On 2/4/2015 brii said:

Let me guess - they lowered the shipping to $3. LOL

Yea... that's not too far off. I've noticed a big jump in prices across several of the clothing lines over the last few months. A bigger increase than the reduction in shipping. So there really is no net benefit to the reduced shipping pricing. Easily gets eaten by the increase in prices.

I've not been happy to see most of the new LOGO pieces coming in at $50-$70 or even higher. Although it does make my resolve to not buy new until summer all the more easier.

Honored Contributor

I knew once those shipping rates went down the prices would go up to compensate. Not really saving any money that way. Plus now your original shipping will not be refunded. From the sounds of the price increase for the top you would be paying more.

Esteemed Contributor

I just noticed that Linea ponte knit pants, which I ordered last summer, are now several dollars more than they were a few months ago. I am not going to order another color as I had planned. The lower shipping prices are offset by price increases. I don't like being ripped off, QVC, so I'm not ordering the pants.