Respected Contributor

GILI bag for $340 and no 'feet'.....um, no thanks

Was considering the GILI large pebble leather hobo.....$340, $10 S&H, and no feet on the bag. Cheapo QVC! No thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: GILI bag for $340 and no 'feet'.....um, no thanks

there are plenty of hobo bags that are A LOT more expensive than this that dont have feet. i dont think it is that common for a hobo style to have feet.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

It's cute, just a bit large for my taste. On some of the models and hosts, it looks more like a duffle bag. Afraid it's just not for anyone who is even close to being petite.

Honored Contributor

Hobo bags are made to "puddle" - they don't have feet, since they aren't structures and feet wouldn't work.

I wouldn't buy ANY GILI bag - I think they leather is cheap and they aren't worth the price, but don't fault the lack of feet on the bag!

Super Contributor

I wouldn't want feet on a bag like this.

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft
Regular Contributor

It's not cheapo. Its a beautiful bag. I have it and love it.

Trusted Contributor

n/m
Honored Contributor

On 1/30/2015 Andrewsgrandma said:

It's not cheapo. Its a beautiful bag. I have it and love it.

it is beautiful andrewsgrandma! i would have considered it today, but i recently bought the convertible gili backpack and it is a beauty! the leather smells good, is soft, pliable, and the hardware is in a nice updated style. the leather is far from being "cheap." i think they are doing an excellent job with this line, but dont know how much longer it will last past 2015.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

I do think feet on a bag of this caliber would be appropriate, but it wasn't the deal-breaker for me. I've shopped a bit too much since "after Christmas", so I couldn't justify this big of a splurge right now. That said, my birthday is in March, so I am definitely keeping it in the front of my mind until then - I like every color!

Honored Contributor

I'm with you - I like feet on my larger bags! Our experience with GILI has not been a positive one - two bags that broke the first day DD carried them. I think we're done.