Trusted Contributor

A friend told me that Land's End was going to removed from Sears. Anyone know if this is true?

I recall reading that Sears sold Lands' End. I was worried that that meant for Lands' End because I have been shopping with them since 1990. Now I am wondering if Sears is the one that is going down and Lands' End wants to end its partnership with them to protect their brand.

Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: A friend told me that Land's End was going to removed from Sears. Anyone know if this is true?

I think Sears sold Land's End because it needed to raise cash and Land's End was one of the few parts of its business that still had value. Sounds like Land's End will be an independent publicly-held company. I don't know if they'll still be in Sears stores, but they'll probably revert to their former - and very successful - model, catalog and online sales. They're probably glad not to be associated with Sears any more, it's a failed business.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A friend told me that Land's End was going to removed from Sears. Anyone know if this is true?

Loved Land's End... not so for Sears which has gone downhill in our area. Of course our store is very small so I cannot compare it to the big city version.

Respected Contributor

I've stopped shopping at Lands' End when they dropped their Canvas line.
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/30/2015 ValuSkr said:

I think Sears sold Land's End because it needed to raise cash and Land's End was one of the few parts of its business that still had value. Sounds like Land's End will be an independent publicly-held company. I don't know if they'll still be in Sears stores, but they'll probably revert to their former - and very successful - model, catalog and online sales. They're probably glad not to be associated with Sears any more, it's a failed business.

This happen in March 2014.
Honored Contributor

On 1/30/2015 nutmeg3 said:
On 1/30/2015 ValuSkr said:

This happen in March 2014.

Yes, I know, here is an article that speaks to OP"s concerns:

Sears and Lands End

Honored Contributor

The LandsEnd dept at the Sears near me is quite large and well stocked so this surprises me.

Interesting

Respected Contributor

Yes. I was told by a Lands End manager, they don't work for Sears, that we will be getting a Lands End store in our mall. I love on the east coast. The manager said they were looking forward to their own store.
Honored Contributor

My Sears doesn't have a lands end. We have a store at the local outlet mall though. They used to carry a good mix of catalog items and returns, but not so much anymore. Nobody is ever in the store and I can't remember the last time I bought something.
Valued Contributor

We had a Lands End at one point in our Sears but it was taken out a few years back. I was sad because I like Lands End. You can however, take your Lands End returns to Sears if you have any.

Beckyblu