Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, 1/29)

Nothing exciting going on here. We are having a rare cloudy day with predictions of rain tonight and the next two days. And, our high temperatures the next few days are predicted to be 15 degrees or so lower (60 versus 75 plus). But, I know we need the rain, and our weather is so much nicer than many other places in the U.S. Hope those of you in the cold zone are keeping warm, and that you stay safe if there are icy or snowy roads.

Yesterday, I managed to find three pairs of shoes (good shape) to donate, along with a few other things. I am trying to feel as good about saving as I do spending, but it sure doesn't come easy to me. LOL

I am baking some bread at the moment, and chicken soup is in the crockpot. Later, I plan to make some eggplant parmesan (vegetarian), and some chocolate chip cookies. DH and I will probably take a walk later, and then I will go to Curves this afternoon. What are your plans?

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Rosa, Marijane, Susan, LindaR, Karen, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, 1/29)

Linda, thank you for starting the thread. I am at work posting from my small tablet during an unexpected break so this will be brief. I love eggplant parmesan. Good job on donating the shoes. I am working every day this week so my efforts have slowed down. I am wearing a top which has an unknown future because it is a little big now. It is ok under a jacket but not otherwise.
**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Good afternoon.

It is rainy and dreary here, but a good day!

I just bought a 1 lb bag of ready to eat frozen jumbo shrimp from the Schwan's truck. A girl I work with gets regular orders and I have bought a couple of things. This is my second order of shrimp, once I got the frozen asparagus. I have liked both products, even the asparagus and I am usually not a frozen veggie fan. Also I do enjoy the convienence. The shrimp will be good to have during the Super Bowl.

Not much going on here, which is not a bad thing!

Esteemed Contributor

LL, rain for your area is a good thing. We look forward to some more snow. We only got about 2" the other day. Not enough for the snowmobilers etc. Good job on donating your shoes. I did that quite a few years ago as now my tender feet love memory foam. I did keep 2 pairs of heels for special occasions. I also bought a nice pair of wedge sandals last summer with memory foam. They are kind of a metallic so quite dressy. Homemade bread & soup sound good too.

Jean, It is nice that you are busy at work rather than decluttering all week. I know that you have been decluttering too though.

Rosa, I love shrimp of any kind. DH doesn't so then I get to eat all of it. I made a yummy chicken/asparagus meal for dinner last evening. Have fun at the Super Bowl party if you go to or have one.

It is quiet around here today. DH did get his walk in this morning. We had lunch & hot tubbed. Now I am ready for a nap. I am making a pizza for dinner tonight with garlic bread. It is cloudy but still mild. It will be cold when February arrives though.

Hugs to all of you.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! It's warmed up nicely out, with temps in the 50s, but once again I have no plans (r money) to go anywhere. It's been such a tight month, that I've used only 1/2 a tank of gas! I need to do some more cleaning, and tomorrow is the birthday of my new friend who does odd jobs around the house for me. He's originally from New Orleans, so I'm making him a Doberge cake. I've never made one before, and since it involves splitting three cake layers in half (it's a six layer cake) I want to get an early start, just in case I mess up while cutting the layers. I have two recipes - one is half lemon and half chocolate, and the other is all chocolate; I don't know which one I'm going to make yet. The cake is the same, but on the half-and-half the pudding filling and frosting are different on each side, so it's extra work. I'll see how much energy I have.

LindaL, just reading about everything you're doing today has exhausted me! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Twinny, I'm making pizza tonight as well...or maybe for lunch. I have pre-made dough that I had gotten on my last trip to Trader Joe's, and it's very good.

Rosa, I'm a big shrimp fan as well...and that reminds me, I have coconut shrimp from Trader Joe's that I have to eat before my next trip there.

Last night I tossed a box of Bisquick that was open and had an expiration date of two years ago, and several bottles of things I had bought for one recipe or other years ago, but will probably not use again. I have no idea of what I used the white wine vinegar on...and that red wine vinegar, well - it's been years since I used it. It's so nice to open a cabinet and not have things falling out on me! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I can now actually see what's in there.

Nothing else going on; have a blessed day, everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm home from work with a somewhat exciting afternoon. I broke up what appeared to be a fight in the making between 6th and 7th period. The office was notified with the students called in. Of course, they "promised" not to follow through. Between 7th and 8th periods, the students followed through, with one having a broken nose.

Arlene--Did you have to mention coconut shrimp? I love it and the Outback in the city makes the best coconut shrimp. I've had a craving for something all day and the mentioning of coconut shrimp added to it.

Twinny--The pizza and garlic bread sound very good to me. It almost makes me want to go to the local pizza place and get one. I've been trying to avoid buying there too much, however. It is so easy and tempting when tired to get a carry out.

Rosa--I've seen the Swann's truck in my area often but have not bought anything from it. Enjoy the shrimp, something I also enjoy.

I'm watching "Leah Loves Shoes." I do also and am watching the White Mountain shoe being presented. I used to buy White Mountain when they brought many clogs and sandles to QVC, and Dave was the vendor. I am trying to resist buying any shoes for a long time. I have so many that I can easily go through summer without buying.

I just saw the TSV presented. I like it very much but I will pass and rely upon an older pair as I do not wear this type of shoe often. Love the coral and the green.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

That is really something about the fight at school, Jean. Not fun to have a broken nose, but I guess that sort of thing does happen at school sometimes. Hope tomorrow is less eventful, but not dull.

I really like shrimp, but I don't buy them all that often because I don't trust the ones from China (which is a good percentage), and those not from China tend to be very expensive. Coconut shrimp sound very good. I have never purchased from Schwan's. but I have heard great things about them. Funny thing twinny -- I had chicken and asparagus last night as well. I love asparagus, and it seems to be available here much more often than in Maryland. I am not sure if it comes from California or Mexico. Yum!

Respected Contributor

I have pasta boiling....but now wish I had made the shrimp! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} The best coconut shrimp I ever had was a Bubba Gump's in Kona.

Jean, it's sad to see the things kids are getting into these days. When I was in school, the biggest problems were kids talking, passing notes, and chewing gum. Did you see the news story about the middle school kids who were arrested for having a "secks" party?

OK, I'm getting ready to eat, then I'm going to tackle this cake. Wish me luck!

Esteemed Contributor

FHG, the pizza was great, but I burned the garlic bread. I was trying to get it done quicker by using the broiler. The smoke alarm went off. I have a new drug plan & 3 of my prescriptions came today. 2 were fine, but for the Uloric the statement said 90 day supply but I only got 30 tablets. After spending 30 minutes on the phone with the customer service, I was late starting dinner.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, you certainly did have an eventful day at school. I did hear on the radio yesterday, that a 14 y/o HS boy set the boys bathroom on fire at our HS. It did moderate damage. I remember when I was in HS I got caught talking to my BFF & I had to sit at the front of the class. I was so embarrassed as I was a Senior. My BFF asked me "who owned the house across the street with the pool. All I said was the owners name. I did have a classmate get caught chewing gum. She had to stand in front of the class with the gum stuck on the end of her nose. This was in the 1960's. My DH calls me a rebel. Lol.